Lake Jocassee Etiquette

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe it would be a good idea for everyone to pull together and construct an entry and exit area like you see at many quarries. Construct wide stairs to enter the water on the left side of the ramp. Another set on the right to exit the water. As for lugging your equipment to and from... all I can think of would be to level out the parking lot and make it closer to the waters edge. Don't think there is much chance of that happening.

entry and exit coordination sounds like a good idea. Would not have to even go through all the work of the stairs (unless whoever built it wanted to, because stairs are a good idea). Just re-do the ramps (in bad condition), and have them labeled entry and exit. On the lugging your equipment to and from the parking lot: If me, my dad, and my sister can do it, anybody can. It's not too big a deal to carry it to and from the car. However, don't see a problem with people driving down, unloading gear, and then parking. Also, you are correct in saying there is no chance in them leveling off the parking lot. Just not practical.

If me, my dad, and my sister can do it, anybody can. It's not too big a deal to carry it to and from the car.

Hmmm. May not be a big deal for you and your sister, but your older, overweight, and out-of-shape dad has a hard time climbing up that mountain to the parking lot with gear and weights on. :)

don't talk about my dad like that, i'll beat you up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom