Lake 288 closed?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't know what Paul Harvey used to say but I say THAT SUCKS. 288 had better vis than anything I've found around Houston and it's only 15 minutes from my house.

288 Lake will remain open this weekend.

Rich...

Another thing you and K-Valve missed by not attending . . . . .

I stand humbled. I do apologize for missing the Travis outing.

I take it you got that information from the owners? That is good news as I did not feel like driving to Huntsville or Lake Jackson.

Directly.

I hope they stay open longer.... I'll be away this weekend, but only got to dive there twice last year. I would love to go back... being down at the bottom of a 25ft section of the lake and being able to SEE the surface clearly IN A LAKE AROUND HOUSTON!!! is just not common.

Since the cat's out of the bag.

The "official" story is that the owner's family did not want to renew the insurance for the upcoming coverage period. So they have decided to put it up for sale.

The operators are hoping that someone will buy the property quickly so that the lake can remain open. The asking price depending on who you're talking to is either 250K or 350K. The owner's are reputedly willing to take much less. Several apparently wealthy divers have made inquiries into the purchase already.

I was told the same thing today. Also that one of the local shops are in the process of buying it but we'll see if that pans out.

Thanks themons.

Not being sure whether it was open or not, I made plans to me at Twin Lakes Friday around 9. Hope to see some of the old swampers.

I was told the same thing today. Also that one of the local shops are in the process of buying it but we'll see if that pans out.

Thanks themons.

Not being sure whether it was open or not, I made plans to me at Twin Lakes Friday around 9. Hope to see some of the old swampers.
Twin Lakes is still open? I thought I had read that it was closed? What is Twin Lakes like now? Ihaven't been there in ages.

Thanks themons.

Anyone know who is planning to buy it? I'm just trying to be nosey.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom