Lady Hawk Vs Diva Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SpankyGirl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was wondering if any of the women that actually have a Diva can let me know how it feels . I own the Scuba Pro Lady Hawk and I am not very happy with it. ( A pressure Sale) I actually get bruises on my shoulders from it. I will be going to buy a new BC this weekend and was wondering if anyone has some advice on it. I have seen that there is some good feed back on the Diva line. Just need a little info from people that use them and not a sales man. Word of mouth works well with me.

I have a Diva and have been diving with it the past two years with no complaints. The shoulder straps adjust easily and are comfortable. I dive using anywhere from a .5 mil to a dry suit with undergarments and it has fitted great with everything.

I will be changing in the near future...to a BP/W.....but that is another thread altogether....

SpankyGirl:
I was wondering if any of the women that actually have a Diva can let me know how it feels . I own the Scuba Pro Lady Hawk and I am not very happy with it. ( A pressure Sale) I actually get bruises on my shoulders from it. I will be going to buy a new BC this weekend and was wondering if anyone has some advice on it. I have seen that there is some good feed back on the Diva line. Just need a little info from people that use them and not a sales man. Word of mouth works well with me.

My GF dives a Diva, I know it fits her very well and she has no real complaints with it. The only drawbacks for her are: lack of back support (she has a bad back), poor attachments (i.e. placement) and it's kinda "cluttered," pockets are kinda hard to reach etc. Unless you are planning to start carrying stage bottles, lights, slates, stringers etc. it works great. It's a very well made BCD though, back inflate too!

She's looking to move to a DiveRite Transpac or similar, (mostly so she can start her tech and also more support with the backplate) so it may be for sale....gotta ask though =(.

I have a Diva. It's a small. My only point of dissatisfaction is one I think I would have with almost any BC -- I'm so narrow across the shoulders that the straps don't want to sit in the hollow where they should, but want to push out onto my arms. Tightening the chest strap doesn't help, because it just ends up under my throat. In all other respects, the Diva is very comfortable. I like having very little in front of me, and the straps are easy to adjust. There aren't a lot of places to attach things to it, which hasn't been a problem yet.

Overall, I think it was a good choice. I tried on a lot of different ones, and this one felt the least confining.

Back
Top Bottom