Ladies - what do you wear under your wet suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My GF always wears the swimsuit. But, it wasn't enough so that she took the Henderson Microprene jumpsuit [1mm] under 7mm. It works very well as they advertized.

I simply wear swimming suit. And then I either have 5 mm wetsuit or 5 mm + 7mm vest
Mania

You are using Y-valve with two reg., aren't you. The picture looks sweet.

mania:
I simply wear swimming suit. And then I either have 5 mm wetsuit or 5 mm + 7mm vest
Mania

Remember that temperature affects people differently. The hypothesis for this is boring so suffice to say that some type of 2 piece swimwear under a 3 mm wetsuit should do well in the tropics down to about 120 ft even in winter months. If you purchase a skin inside style suit (less clothing is better under this type of suit) like Henderson’s Gold Core getting in or out should be easy. An added advantage of this type of suit is that it will dry fast. At our area LDS rash guards are considered a type of lycra material made into long or short tee **** or shorts. A dive skin is a jump suit style suit made from lycra or similar material. (some shops call this type of suit a rash guard as well) Then you move into the thin 1mm neoprene suits.
I have seen people dive the tropics in rash guards but a lot of the times after the second dive of the day they are cold.
Hope this helped and dive safe.

hoosier:
You are using Y-valve with two reg., aren't you. The picture looks sweet.
That's exactly what I do

Although since this picture was taken some changes hapenned. I decided to get rid of the hose protectors and changed the hoses set up. And I got BP/Wing instead of BCD
:D
Mania
PS. Thanks for the compliment

for 'non-sexy' tankinis, try lands' end or ll bean. for a skin, have a look at divegoddess.com - i'm saving up for one. remember a hood to keep warm - they help!

That depends. When I'm at home in WI, I wear just my bathing suit. If I'm some place warm and sunny I wear my dive skin. I know it doesn't make sense , but I'm allergic to the sun and the dive skin gives me a cover up on the boat/during the surface interval so I don't end up all rashy.

-Chris

Definitely recommend a tankini. I get mine from either Landsend or Chadwicks. Both have suits that cover the middle by about 2", and bottoms that come up to nearly the navel. They also have ones with a little tummy control in the bottoms, which is always appreciated. :wink:

If you need a little more coverage on top for sun exposure, you can do a bikini bottom and rashguard top.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom