Labor Day - who's got big plans? Not me....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mo2vation

Relocated to South Florida....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
'dette is away on some Charter thing she does each year. Jake is getting ready for School. So I've got nothing going on.

Thinking about getting on a boat for a few days. Anyone got any plans? Anyone going anywhere exciting to dive? Got room for another? I'm low maintenance, don't eat much and will be judicious with my gas. Promise. :sappy:

I'm off Friday, Sat, Sun and Mon... I wanna get away.

If I can't get a dive together I'll likely slink up to the Sierras and just fish for three days.

Someone save me from clean air, big trees and a few hundred trout, please.

---
Ken

I'm thinking you mean Labor Day...just a guess :>)

caymaniac:
I'm thinking you mean Labor Day...just a guess :>)

hee hee. :mooner:

Fixed. Thanks

K

OK - so there is no organized dive activities I can crash?

I'm fishin'.

---
Ken

Hey Ken, I'm in the same boat. I usually go camping and diving up at San Simeon over Labor Day, but I was just up there not too long ago. Wanted to head to La Bufadora, but none of my buddies seemed interested. Soooooo...guess it will be a beach diving weekend. Have 3 tanks (and air cards) will travel!

OML was awesome last weekend. I would love to explore other sites along PV as well, maybe even head up to Leo Carillo way.

Ken,

Robert from ZenDiving has a 2 day gig over the Labor Day holiday on the Spectre. Not sure if you can get a spot this late. Here's a link to the thread that he posted on SB a while back.

However, the real So Cal diving action happens the week after Labor Day, when prices and crowds go down. Starting with the Wrinkles Dive at La Jolla Shores 9/9, MOF/NMOF boat dives to Coronados and Wreck Alley 9/11-9/12, and finally the BIG SoCal MOF/NMOF Catalina Gathering 9/13-9/17. Anyone is welcome to join.

I wish I had big Labor Day plans :shakehead :shakehead but my sister in law is coming to town from out of state.

NO, she doesn't dive, either. So it looks like a family vacation weekend for me. JOY!!:light:

Kevin

I got a call from a lady named Cynde (not my ex dive buddy) from Grass Valley Scuba Club. They have chartered the Peace dive boat for labor dayweekend and have many spots still avaiable ( at least as of a few days back). My kids threw the number out, but I am went online to the Peace website to get her number. It is 530-913-1294:D She said her club has many regular divers...Her club is sharing with underwater excursions...

Hey, Ken, Pacific Wilderness is having a trip down to La Bufadora over labor day weekend, if memory serves. I was down there about a month ago (with friends, not PacWild)... it's a fun trip. Definitely "adventure diving" as opposed to "luxury diving" but a very interesting trip nonetheless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom