Labor Day weekend at Twin Lakes???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of meat are you bringing? If you're bringing patties or hot dogs, why don't you bring mayo, mustard and maybe a bag of chips?

Cudabait.....you gonna make it?

Though I can't make it all the way down there (wish I could!) I have had several folks from up here who visit Houston ask me about Twin Lakes.

But I dont have much info except you guys "live" there.

Can you repost the location info, directions, or even better, the website info?

Thanks!

The Twin Lakes Website.

There are a few things on the website that are no longer correct. Reservations are not necessary and don't pay for any vouchers, they are no longer valid. Someone who WAS involved with the beginning developement of the lake and website is still trying to benefit from the association. But the map and waivers are correct!

I deleted my directions since they had you going to Timbucktoo but others have provided the correct directions!

Dee once bubbled...
Disasterous direction deleted!!! Dee

Not to disagreee -- but Hwy 6 crosses 610?? Shouldn't you exit 610 onto 288 South, then Exit Hwy 6 from 288, turning left onto 6?

Dee,

I'm a bit like DonBon I never have a clue so work best when someone tells me what to bring. I was thinking along the lines of a few leters of Pop or a bag or two of chips. As far as meat I was going to bring a package of dogs and a few Hamburger patties.

Any one think of what time to start showing up on Sunday?

donbon once bubbled...

Not to disagreee -- but Hwy 6 crosses 610?? Shouldn't you exit 610 onto 288 South, then Exit Hwy 6 from 288, turning left onto 6?

You are correct.

Put Me and Ann on the list. We'll bring dogs and chips. If that doesn't work, let us know what u need. We'' be arriving from the north in a white super crew with camper top. Looking forward to meeting more great people!!

This maybe a little less confusing:

Coming south on I-45: follow signs as though going to Galveston. Then take 288 south. Stay on 288 S to Hwy 6. Go left or east on Hwy 6. TL is about 1 mile on right.

Coming south on Hwy 59: Stay on 59 until you take 288 south. Stay on 288 to Hwy 6. Go left (east) on Hwy 6 for about 1 mile to TL on right. Hmmmmmm, if you get lost call Dee on her cell?? See ya'll there.:bounce:

Back
Top Bottom