Labor Day weekend at Twin Lakes???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

was real slow.Only one small class out today.Total divers were at 10 - 15 .total fof the lake .I got to meet and dive with Chris Muugall (prospective new member) from the houston area.We had a nice short tour with a 5 - 15 viz as usuall.Nice round though...well if to be tropical storm Grace gets on in and dosn`t dump to hard then we might get a dive in..Storm is supposed to come in at Freeport around 7am tommorrow so who knows?????

Happy Labor Day!!! :)

Beast and I did the dive shop tour thing today. We met one of our TSDT lurkers in R&D SCuba but I can't remember her name! So if you're reading this...it was nice meeting you!

After a nice late Italian lunch, we went out to the lake about 4:30pm and were the only ones there! Beast had a new wing and set of ScubaPro regs to test out and I got my beloved split fins back. We both had partial tanks, so we stayed between the Swampers dock and the west dock for a short 30 min. dive.

I was really looking forward to the cool refreshing water after the heat of today. Boy was I disappointed. I stepped in and it felt like Natasha's heated jacuzzi! A balmy 92º was recorded by my watch. The first thermocline has dropped to 24ft and I tried to stay below that. I'm almost looking forward to those fall water temps!

Natasha, I'll call you in the morning to see what the weather is doing and what the forcast is. I don't mind diving in the rain it's slipping around in the mud I don't care for! If it's going to be a repeat of July 4th, we'll stay home! I'll post our final plans here by 9am

For what it's worth;

I live about 2 miles, as the crow flies, from TL. The time is 12:15 A.M. Sunday morning. There is a steady drizzle rain right now. I'll check the board again in the morining----right now I'm going nite, nite. Viva Swampers!!!

It's 1:30am and there's just been a flash flood warning until 5am issued from the National Weather station in League City...which isn't that far from the lake! I live about 30mi ACTF north of the lake and we've had almost 1/2" of rain in the last couple hours. Since this storm is moving northwest, I can only surmise this has already hit Manvel.

Cuda....since you're so close, post your ideas about the weather in the morning.

night night

Dee & Swampers,

It's 7:30 AM here at my house. (2 mi from TL) Just walked outside iand took a look around. It is yuckee 360 degrees, ominus dark all around and misty rain. It don't look good. Someone else will have to make the call. I know all of us are very capable of diving in less than ideal conditions. As for me, I think it may already be a little muddy at the lake. My dive club canceled a picnic yesterday afternoon. I think I see my sign---I'm gonna stay in, drink a little coffee with Ann, etc., etc. I'll watch this site to see what ya'll decide. I can always drive over to the lake. Viva Swampers!!

Althought this was a terriffic idea, Mother Nature decided not to cooperate. I sure hope we have better luck next time.

Now.......what the heck am I going to do with an entire watermelon?

L8R

I just talked to Dee. She is having trouble and can't use her computer today.
Her and Doug and staying in.
So OK next time.

OK, I fixed it, I think. My keyboard died! This is an old Microsoft so how long it will last is questionable!

Yep, looks like today is a wash out. Even if the rain stopped the viz will be down to zilch and the grounds will be a mud hole.

Looks like we'll have to try again!

I guess it's a good thing we cancelled. We got over 5 inches of rain and numerous lightening storms over the weekend. I suggest we try again! We'll be there this weekend.

Dee once bubbled...
I guess it's a good thing we cancelled. We got over 5 inches of rain and numerous lightening storms over the weekend. I suggest we try again! We'll be there this weekend.

I could be persuaded to go out this weekend....

Have new computer I'm itching to try :)

Back
Top Bottom