Labor Day weekend at Twin Lakes???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, although Jesse now has a 102 fever from a Booster TD shot he got yesterday, he wants to go.
So, put us down.
I REALLY want to meet everyone! He should be fine by Sunday.
You know they are saying rain.
But, we'll sit under the canopy (if there is one) and just visit if everyone sticks around in the rain.
What should bring?

Now you know why I use maps all the time!! I'll go back and delete my bad directions. Thanks Don and Cuda for the straight skinny!

Geek, why don't you and Don combine your efforts. You're bringing weenies and/or patties and chips. Don is already bringing mayom mustard and chips so one of you needs to bring buns and you'll be set to feed each other!

Natasha, I figure I'll be watching the weather and looking south from my house. Sometimes it's pouring a flood at my house and the lake sit in sunshine all day. So I'll call you that morning and see what the sky looks like! :wink: Seriously, I don't mind diving in the rain but I sure don't enjoy slipping and sliding in the mud, in full gear, getting back and forth to the dock. Not to mention cleaning the mud out of the van.

I'll reserve Swampers Point for us so if anyone has a canopy, bring it!

I am a new member of TSDT but would love to come. But i dont think i can make it WAAAAY down to Houston for it. I may be able to pull something out of my....'tank'. but are you planning on doing it Sat and Sun or Sun&Mon or what? cuz i have my AOW class on Sat morning.

whole life story

anyway let me know

I think Dee was just planning on the party for Sunday. There may be divers out there Monday too, I don't know.
But as she said, rain is in the forcast for Sunday.
I live about 8 miles from Twin Lakes. So we're going to look out the window and decide if it's worth it that day or not.
So you may want to wait to drive the whole way down here ..or I can give you a call and tell you what the weather is that day, before you drive 4 hours.

Just making sure that I understand it correctly, it is Sunday, correct? I plan to be there and will bring down some patties and soft drinks.

See ya then!

This cookout is planned for Sunday. We'll probably get there around 10am, do a couple of dives then start the grill and eat some snacks. Maybe do a another dive or two, by then the coals will be just about right for steaks, patties, whatever. That's the way it usually goes anyway.

But I'm sure some of us could be inticed to dive the other days as well! Beast and I have some chores to do on Saturday but so far Monday is still mostly clear.

Melissa and I are going to be all over the place this weekend. We're supposed to be in Galveston on Sunday, so we probably won't be able to make it to the lake. Really hope that we can make it out at some point soon though, the weekends are just pretty much packed tight at this point.

Mitch:
Glad you're going to make it.
If it's not pouring down rain I'll be there too.
Dee:
I'll bring some desserts. Brownies ..maybe Shipleys too?

Donbon,

I'll bring some burgers, dogs and some pop so we should be all set PM me Sun If you have any prob and can't go.

Dee - When you and Doug get up and around can you look out the window and post a weather report on the Board Sunday morning

Not sure when everyone wanted to start showing up but I want to get there around 10 ish and hope to get a dive in or two.

Back
Top Bottom