Kudos to the Ginnie Staff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
H2Andy:
several double-tank intro divers have died recently. their deaths
have been the result of exceeding their training and abilities.

Does anyone have any data on what they were doing? Like jumps, gaps, whatever. Cause that would also be exceeding their training. Maybe its a combination. You know like you might drive slower if not wearing your seatbelts or whatever.

If you really feel that singles are safer, I cant change your mind. and Ill urge you to dive singles, "getting ready for a class" is no reason to jepordize your saftey.
I felt strongly about that too (except I thought doubles were safer) so I never dove singles in a cave. I would NOT have compromised on my saftey (or precieved saftey) for anyone, or any rules. BTW Im being serious. Its along the same lines as not being presured into diving/going deeper/whatever.

the bottom line is do what you think makes/keeps YOU and you team safe, cause in the end thats what matters.

H2Andy:
you mean irrelevant. but yes, you're correct. thank you. thank you Lord

Thank you, oh master of spelling. While you are busy correcting a couple spelling errors/typos, could you please learn how to use vBulletin's editor and stop hitting enter after every line you type? The editor has word wrap and will do that for you, making it a whole lot more readable. You'd think after 15k posts, you would've noticed that your posts look different than everyone elses...

it don't make no difference whether you are diving doubles or singles. it's a
host of other factors that will kill you.

Not quite what I said, but I'll go with it for the sake of argument...

Maybe a logical proof will help...

It makes no difference which tanks you are diving, then the best choice is the set that gives you the most gas and redundancy and as a result, the best chances of surviving catestrophic gas loss. Therefore, doubles are better than singles in an overhead environment. There is no reason to ever enter said environment without the best gear for the job, therefore singles are a poor choice and should not be allowed at the Intro level. I'm glad we agree.

WaterDawg:
If you really feel that singles are safer, I cant change your mind. and Ill urge you to dive singles, "getting ready for a class" is no reason to jepordize your saftey.

Well said!

Soggy, you got to admit every once in a while you, yourself become "Captain Adverb"

WaterDawg:
Soggy, you got to admit every once in a while you, yourself become "Captain Adverb"

If I were artistically inclined, or not quite as lazy, I'd go find a picture of Captain America and put my head on him and change his shield to read "Adv", and then change my avatar to that picture. :D

Soggy:
If I were artistically inclined, or not quite as lazy, I'd go find a picture of Captain America and put my head on him and change his shield to read "Adv", and then change my avatar to that picture. :D

Except that Captain Adverb does not carry a shield, but a the
“Sword of Syntax”

Soggy:
A grand total of three. A fact, which I have not made secret at all. My Intro training was completed 8 days ago.

(I sense an ad hominem coming on).

Thanks,just curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom