Kudos to the Ginnie Staff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soggy:
A grand total of three. A fact, which I have not made secret at all. My Intro training was completed 8 days ago.

(I sense an ad hominem coming on).
Thats right...Come back when you "Been there...done that...and got the t-shirt"

(Feel better)

Soggy:
(I sense an ad hominem coming on).

ah, yes... let's see... "dumb," "hypocrite"

hmmm...

:33:

lol... man you are too much

at least you single-mindedly repeat the same thing over and over again,
never disuaded by reason, never discouraged by logic, never put off
by statistics

kudos

Jason B:
There is only one sure way to ensure you don't dive in a cave and it doesn't involve taking cave training.

Soggy I think karstdvr (the post you linked) was pointing out that the same thing can happen in doubles when dove to thirds. The problem you keep bringing up is not unique to an intro diver on a single. Granted, with the doubles, you may make it closer to the exit. :wink:

I already posted a reference to sheck's incident where on doubles and 1/3rds he nearly didn't make it out because his buddy had a gas-loss problem that wasn't diagnosed correctly before he lost all his air at max penetration.

H2Andy:
lol... man you are too much

at least you single-mindedly repeat the same thing over and over again,
never disuaded by reason, never discouraged by logic, never put off
by statistics

kudos

Where was the logic and reason again? I missed it. I have provided detailed explainations, done everything but draw a diagram, and still the sole counter-argument is "no one has died, yet." That's the entire argument. No more, no less. "No one has died, yet." Sorry, but when a system can be analyzed and easily shown to be fundamentally flawed and a better system is readily available, depite a lack of fatalities, it is irresponsible to continue teaching said system.

And where were those statistics? I believe H2Andy said that there are no statistics, just that no dead bodies have been pulled out in single tanks, which doesn't tell us how many people are actually diving single tanks. I didn't see one in 4 days in cave country on a holiday weekend.

I could name a hundred bad ideas that haven't yet resulted in someone's death, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

Soggy:
I could name a hundred bad ideas that haven't yet resulted in
someone's death, but that doesn't make it a good idea.

please do... that's the only way to compare them to the subject at hand
and see if they make sense as comparisons

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom