Kudos to Soleo for protecting my Schnazzola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I don't give product endorsements unless I'm paid the proverbial big bucks. Heck, if some of our bad boy sports stars earn millions doing it, so should I!

However, I recently used a product that I am totally impressed with and wanted to pass on the info here since we all spend a lot of time in the sun (well, except you cave and ice divers). I have absolutely no financial interest in the product.

I'm out in the sun a lot and certain portions of my anatomy tend to burn regardless of how much exposure they get over time. My nose is one I worry about since my sister had to have reconstructive nose surgery twice due to cancer.

I've tried a lot of sunscreen products, but most have to be reapplied after every dive, contain irritating components that enter my eyes underwater or topside, or just don't do the job I expect them to.

A few weeks ago I tried Soleo, a sunscreen based on zinc oxide and natural oils. Immediately it made me feel nostalgic since in my life guard days I used to use zinc oxide to protect my nose. I applied it about 30-60 minutes before my first dive, and never reapplied it during the rest of the day.

Not only did it not irritate my eyes, at the end of the day my nose felt just fine with no signs of sunburn! Later I started applying it to the skin above my cheek bones. It protected that sensitive area as well.

Based on my experience, I highly recommend this product. One of its selling points is that it doesn't contain the chemical (oxycotin?) that can affect coral reefs, so you're not only protecting your skin... but also the marine environment.

Again, I receive no benefit from this endorsement other than good skin protection!

Not only did it not irritate my eyes, at the end of the day my nose felt just fine with no signs of sunburn! Later I started applying it to the skin above my cheek bones. It protected that sensitive area as well.

Based on my experience, I highly recommend this product. One of its selling points is that it doesn't contain the chemical (oxycotin?) that can affect coral reefs, so you're not only protecting your skin... but also the marine environment.

Good to know, thanks

gotta hate the sunscreen that makes you want to rub your eyes because they burn while at 60' and damages coral too.

I love the Cactus Juice but it sure does burn if it gets wet and then runs in your eyes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom