KPP On-going idle chit-chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't kmow that my sac is all that, but thanks any way... Chris, I don;t think you will have any problems diving doubles, the problem may be getting out of the water!!

Well I know what my SAC rate, calculated by the Aeris program, was for the dives that I chased Jim around BS in Feb. It was 1 or slightly lower. Figured that it will change.

Didn't buy the doubles for more air but to go deeper, longer. After diving the "O" I was really thinking about Nirtox and a touch of deco. Figured that if I was going to do it I might as well do it now. The price was right and if I can't do it then I sell them at a good price.

Chris, 5thD does mention AL80's doubled. Sorry, still don't see doing it. I don't think any less of anyone that does it but I woud still like to know why. Maybe I am missing something.

New gear, oh gezz. Yep, I have new gear..or at least add ons to the old gear.

crpntr133:
Well I know what my SAC rate, calculated by the Aeris program, was for the dives that I chased Jim around BS in Feb. It was 1 or slightly lower. Figured that it will change.

Didn't buy the doubles for more air but to go deeper, longer. After diving the "O" I was really thinking about Nirtox and a touch of deco. Figured that if I was going to do it I might as well do it now. The price was right and if I can't do it then I sell them at a good price.

Chris, 5thD does mention AL80's doubled. Sorry, still don't see doing it. I don't think any less of anyone that does it but I woud still like to know why. Maybe I am missing something.

New gear, oh gezz. Yep, I have new gear..or at least add ons to the old gear.

Hopefully you guys know that I'm kidding about my SAC comment. :D

I think double AL80s are quite popular if you're doing warm(er) water ocean wetsuit diving where you don't have the redundant buoyancy of a drysuit. Most drysuit divers prefer to double steels since they can take weight off of their belt/harness/BC and have the redundant buoyancy to handle an emergency that occurs when they are overweighted at the beginning of the dive.

Divin'Hoosier:

You're still going to pay for it. :D

I know you were kidding. I'm looking into doubles because of the Adv. Nitrox course I'm taking. It wouldn't be good to only have 1 air source & a nitrox deco bottle go bad during a decompression obligation (redundancy, you know). I'm looking into deeper diving & possibly Trimix in the future. My interest in technical diving is leaning towards technical wreck diving.

On a "Bummer" note, I found out through the grapevine that it looks like my Dive Master course I've wanted to take is postponed again until the fall. I have a thread in the "Basic Scuba Discussions" forum that has the details in it. Oh, well the postponement will give me time to get used to my BP/W & doubles (when I get them) & also give me time to just noodle around & enjoy myself a bit more this summer. A blessing in disguise.

All very sound reasons to be diving doubles. Good luck!

Land Locked:
jbd, Don has that 50 cuft if your interested, needs hydro and vis, he said make an offer.
Can you get the tank markings? I'm not sure about a 50. Might be bigger than I wanted, but maybe not.

tstormwarning:
On a "Bummer" note, I found out through the grapevine that it looks like my Dive Master course I've wanted to take is postponed again until the fall. I have a thread in the "Basic Scuba Discussions" forum that has the details in it. Oh, well the postponement will give me time to get used to my BP/W & doubles (when I get them) & also give me time to just noodle around & enjoy myself a bit more this summer. A blessing in disguise.
I suggest that you talk to the instructor that you prefer and ask if she would mind doing your DM course as a "private course" i.e. just you as a DM candidate working with her as she is working with OW students. It will probably be a better learning experience for you in the long run. Granted she may want of need to chearge extra for the more one on one but unless the extra is prohibitive it would probably be worth the extra.

If you do the DM course as a group you will pretty much have certfied divers role playing to get through various scenarios which is usually not as good as dealing with more realistic situations.

jbd:
Can you get the tank markings? I'm not sure about a 50. Might be bigger than I wanted, but maybe not.

Hmm.. Another Ginseng tea...

Divin'Hoosier:

I'm usually around .5-.7, I'm sure it will soon go WAY up working through issues
with the new gear and COLD water. :D

So what is the game plan for shooting JP? I've got a 50lb lift bag with a neat little
handle I can slip around his 1st stage when he is not looking. :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom