KPP On-going idle chit-chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If there is anything bad about diving in such pristine diving conditions is that it is very tempting to go just a little deeper. When it's 80 deg at 80' another 40' or so doesn't seem like a big deal.

Glad it all turned out ok!

Due to the pristine diving conditions it was easy to get deep and not realize where you are in the water column. I had my depth alarm set to 70' and it was constantly chiming off. I thought about turning it off or changing the setting deeper, I decided to leave it alone figuring it was a minor issue and I was more than happy in the 50-60' range. The only thing worth seeing deeper than 70' was the Wilma Hooker ship wreck.

The diver that went to the hospital got off lucky this time, they did a 3 hour neurological exam and released him, only $100 usd. I understand the chamber down there is old and not very comfortable. We were warned in the 1st day orientation about the ease of ending up in a chamber ride.

See what you get for rubbing it in!!! Did you see me or Jim rubbing it in when we were in the 70 degree waters of Canada?...nooooo. :D

Looks like you had a fun trip.

We had a great time. I'm still recovering, legs are all scuffed up from the rough sea exit at the Wilma Hooker and my ankles are still a little swollen. It's great to be home though!

Rub, rub, rub

those poor old worn out extremities!

wow looks like there was no problem with viz on your trip!!! Those are some great pics!!

All I can say is Wow!

Looks like you had a great trip!

Welcome back, you ready for some drysuit diving. :wink:

Pennyroyal the 29th!!

FYI, I emailed WT since we haven't seen much of him. All is well, he is just busy. Says that he hasn't logged dive since last September.

FYI, I emailed WT since we haven't seen much of him. All is well, he is just busy. Says that he hasn't logged dive since last September.

Funny, I just emailed him 10 minutes ago myself. I wonder what's up with him these days???

Since this past Sep (two months ago) or last Sep (14 months ago)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom