KPP On-going idle chit-chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got the info from Don a while back.

Happy driving!

wb416:
I just got the info from Don... he took them to a place 15 minutes from his house in Ft Wayne. Sounds like it was about $17.50 per bottle.

I have all the particulars if you need it.

I probably need them sooner... I already have 2 sets out. I'm going on a Georgian Bay live-aboard right after we get back from Roatan and my other set will be close or out by then.

Dan Gibson:
I got the info from Don a while back.

Happy driving!
If this place in Louisville doesn't pan out, I'll be heading back up to NW Ohio to teach a couple of classes in about a week and half... Ft Wayne is only about an hour from the college there. That'll keep me from only driving 3 hrs up there just for the hydros.

wb416:
Okay... finally got ahold of them on the phone... heading down with six LP cylinders tomorrow morning. :)

Just out of curiosity, how much do they charge per?

In my local place, I was told that it is in $15~$20 range.

I have heard of guys buying the (+) punch and doing the (+) rating themselves. Personally I don't see where this would be a bad thing. We aren't talking about another 1,000 psi. If I am thinking right the hydro pressure is to 5/4 of the tank pressure so it passes the actual (+) rating pressure.

crpntr133:
I have heard of guys buying the (+) punch and doing the (+) rating themselves. Personally I don't see where this would be a bad thing. We aren't talking about another 1,000 psi. If I am thinking right the hydro pressure is to 5/4 of the tank pressure so it passes the actual (+) rating pressure.
I think there are plenty of folks that will find ways to circumvent regulations like that, but I think I'll pass on being one of them. :no

...besides... it helps to tell me that the cylinder still has the proper elasticity to hold the gas I put in it! Punching a (+) on the cylinder wall tells me nothing.

Just a quick post to say HELLO to everyone. I was off line all week as we were in Bonita Springs, FL all week on Spring Break. Sunny, highs in the upper 80s ... only to return to ... Alaska?!?! This is just nuts!

Divin'Hoosier:
Just a quick post to say HELLO to everyone. I was off line all week as we were in Bonita Springs, FL all week on Spring Break. Sunny, highs in the upper 80s ... only to return to ... Alaska?!?! This is just nuts!

Great.:D Any diving over there?

hoosier:
Great.:D Any diving over there?

Drove over to Boynton Beach on one day for a 2-dive charter with Splashdown divers. Two awesome drift dives on the reefs just off of Boynton. They were my first drift dives and they were a blast! Saw tons of tropicals. Most exciting thing was a small eel, maybe 3-4'. Water temps were 77-78 F with viz probably around 40' or so.

The rest of the week I just enjoyed the sun, sand and pool with my wife and daughters. Ahhhhhhhh ...... :D .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom