KPP On-going idle chit-chat thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Got an X.

When we're down there, you'll have to try it out!

Thank you so much for your offering. I really want to try it out.......

After trying yours, I am afraid of breaking another my back up saving account..... :wink:

You know that I always have to buy a pair, not one.... Otherwise, I am going to be in a big trouble..... :eyebrow:

Once you try it, you'll be hooked.

I'm warning you!

The KY folk weren't diving until later today.

Unfortunately, I'm at work. Or I'd be at Joe's doing some more scootering!!

I think Bob and Penny need more spacious dive site for their scootering, maybe some current, too.. :wink:

crpntr133:
The KY folk weren't diving until later today.

Kinda sorta diving! :D I would liken it to a brick sinking, darn I was WAY over weighted...:confused: I was diving 30lbs dry with the al80's so I took 10lbs off for the 77's since they are -5lbs each. I struggled BIG time, surfaced, came back in and dropped another 6lbs and I was STILL over weight! I just finally gave up. I was diving on my proton octo since I'm still getting the kit put together and I was just flat worn out!

Hopefully next weekend I'll get a few more of the bugs worked out. I feel like such a darned NOOB right now! :D

That must be one heck of a jacuzzi......

wb416:
nah.... it's fun to practice turns and barrel rolls even in the jacuzzi!! :D

You guys are getting me crazy. Mom DID say that, make a good friend who can give a good impact on my life. But, I think I am already spoiled.... :rofl3:

Land Locked:
Kinda sorta diving! :D I would liken it to a brick sinking, darn I was WAY over weighted...:confused: I was diving 30lbs dry with the al80's so I took 10lbs off for the 77's since they are -5lbs each. I struggled BIG time, surfaced, came back in and dropped another 6lbs and I was STILL over weight! I just finally gave up. I was diving on my proton octo since I'm still getting the kit put together and I was just flat worn out!

Try one by one. Get used to a dry first and dive with double.

In addition, here was what I practiced.

1. Pick up a shallow platform (I refer 30ft one).
2. Bring down small weights (1~2 lb) as many as possilbe
3. You need to have some weight pocket or pouch on your BC and dry suit.
4. Add or remove a weight until you get a streamline on the platform. (don't worry about loosing your weight. You can pick it up later on the platform).
5. Ascend to 20ft and 10ft right above the platform (You can drop the weight anytime) and
6. Decend to 20ft and 30ft right below the platform (You can drop the weight anytime, too).
7. Don't be finning. Stay calm and just up and down....

I am sure you already knew this very well though. This was my way (Hoosier F class:rofl3: )... :D

So when is the next Hoosier Fundies class???:rofl3: I think I'll have it nailed down next Sunday. I made some changes on the bc, I've got to get some shorter bolts to save my knees:shakehead and get a small dolly for tank transport. I'm going to start with minimal weight on my harness and use a tip I got from JBD on fine tuning bouyancy last year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom