Korean instructor gets two years for groping underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having confidence to do the right thing helps. Not having witnesses for the assault would be a deterrent, but as long as she doesn't kill or cripple, he'd be embarrassed enough about being whipped by a girl to keep quiet.
The law generally treats martial artists rather harshly for using excessive force.

I get that, but I'm an instructor and my daughter would be self sufficient underwater. When it comes to recreational diving, she'd be completely self-reliant. Even if she were not, once they get back on the boat, she'd settle the manner. My hopes is that after whooping the guy's ass, she'd put him in a choke hold so he has a nice nap on the way back to the marina.

This kind of behavior is not okay.

Don't normally advocate violence as an answer but in this case it might well be. Only issue is waiting until you surface when the defence becomes pre meditated by virtue of waiting. A good answer might be to put the instructor in a VERY tight hold of a certain area of their anatomy while underwater (even during the "safety" stop).

put the instructor in a VERY tight hold of a certain area of their anatomy
Gets my vote.

And having done martial arts in my youth, I believe I know exactly how much that crap hurts.

Wingy is quite right about that! I haven't ever tried to punch anyone underwater but did once have a guy take a swing at me. My dive guide talked about it for the rest of the week. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that he tells the story to this day.

I sound like I need anger management courses and a lot of therapy...my left boob is not the bit of me you grab to point out a nudibranch....fwiw jab with a muck stick is far more effective.

I do not usually attack other divers for the record.

(Chilly - want me to go get him for ya who takes a swing at a woman..grrr)

A guy who was standing on the corals trying to get a photo of the mating mandarins. The current had kicked up and as I passed him, my shoulder?elbow? bumped him going by. He started to fall over backwards, which would have caused even more coral damage, so I reached out to help steady him and he swung at me, lol. Dive guide said he couldn't believe his eyes. He'd never seen a brawl underwater before and that it was me, was even more shocking to him.

LOL

This article has many gaps, however one thing to keep in mind is that there can be cultural differences between the U.S. and Korea. I knew some Chinese woman and they would jump a mile if you just touched them on the arm, like they were being shocked or something. It depends on the person.

It said that he touched her after they dived....On a boat? One on one? I'm having a hard time figuring out how she could be worried about depending on him (so therefore unable to tell him that she was uncomfortable)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom