Korean instructor gets two years for groping underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Two years seems harsh for such an offense, there are plenty of women these days that grope men!
I once was getting a hair cut and the female hair stylist kept leaning over and bumping into my face with her boob! Nearly poked out my eye! But I didn't complain!

The vast majority of man will be able to go about their day 5 minutes after being groped by a woman because man dont care as much , for woman its much more traumatizing.

If a woman would randomly walk up to me and grab me in my groin i would laugh it off and be done with it after 5 minutes, switch the genders around and you have a completely different story.

So i doubt you cared and if you did you should have spoken

I think there is a difference between setting up a BCD and grabbing someones tits as this guy has done.

The vast majority of man will be able to go about their day 5 minutes after being groped by a woman because man dont care as much , for woman its much more traumatizing.

If a woman would randomly walk up to me and grab me in my groin i would laugh it off and be done with it after 5 minutes, switch the genders around and you have a completely different story.
You may, statistically speaking, well be right that men on average care less about being groped (after all, we men sometimes are simple creatures: "Ugh, woman touch my dick. I like having my dick touched. Ugh, feels good". Also, Robin Williams' legendary comment that "The problem is, God gave man a brain and a penis and only enough blood to run one at a time."). However, I take some exception to the way you're arguing here. Abuse is a serious issue no matter the gender of either the abuser or the abuse-ee, and boys/men have an even harder time reporting abuse from women. "Hurr, hurr, isn't he lucky to score with his teacher?" isn't a very uncommon type of reaction if a late-20s female teacher is charged for abusing her 16-yo student. Particularly if the teacher looks good to straight male eyes.

So, please turn on your frontal lobes before posting. Just MHO and a modest request, mind you.

You may, statistically speaking, well be right that men on average care less about being groped (after all, we men sometimes are simple creatures: "Ugh, woman touch my dick. I like having my dick touched. Ugh, feels good". Also, Robin Williams' legendary comment that "The problem is, God gave man a brain and a penis and only enough blood to run one at a time."). However, I take some exception to the way you're arguing here. Abuse is a serious issue no matter the gender of either the abuser or the abuse-ee, and boys/men have an even harder time reporting abuse from women. "Hurr, hurr, isn't he lucky to score with his teacher?" isn't a very uncommon type of reaction if a late-20s female teacher is charged for abusing her 16-yo student. Particularly if the teacher looks good to straight male eyes.

So, please turn on your frontal lobes before posting. Just MHO and a modest request, mind you.

I never even mentioned abuse nor did i imply that its not a serious issue, you seem to be understanding what you want to understand because i for sure did not write any thing like that.

"The vast majority" should have tipped you off from the start or the fact that i never mentioned any abuse but i take reading isn't your strong side.

Now we can talk like adults or you can go be snippy at someone else, i have no interest in talking to someone who is trying to be condescending.

I never even mentioned abuse
I'll concede that having your groin groped perhaps "only" qualifies as harassment, not abuse. Still not cool on a general basis, no matter if you personally enjoy having your groin groped by a random stranger.

What I took exception to was the statement that "the vast majority" men don't care about being groped, just because you seem to be fine having your groin groped by a random woman. I'd really like to see some proper data supporting your claim, and even if it were right, that kind of comments make it even more difficult for males to report this kind of issues.

I'll concede that having your groin groped perhaps "only" qualifies as harassment, not abuse. Still not cool on a general basis, no matter if you personally enjoy having your groin groped by a random stranger.

What I took exception to was the statement that "the vast majority" men don't care about being groped, just because you seem to be fine having your groin groped by a random woman. I'd really like to see some proper data supporting your claim, and even if it were right, that kind of comments make it even more difficult for males to report this kind of issues.

I'm not fine with being groped by random strangers be it man or woman, my point was that man care less about these kind of things.
If it were to happen to a man *generally speaking* they would get over it much faster than woman, which is understandable based on our nature. you also seemed to agree with this on your previous comment -

"After all, we men sometimes are simple creatures: "Ugh, woman touch my dick. I like having my dick touched. Ugh, feels good". Also, Robin Williams' legendary comment that "The problem is, God gave man a brain and a penis and only enough blood to run one at a time."

Again, you see to take it to where you want to and not based on what i wrote, no one is talking about abuse.
Never once have i mentioned domestic abuse which is a serious but separate issue.
I dont appreciate your lame attempts to present me as some creep who likes having his groin touched by strangers, you clearly are not serious with this discussion and veer off to any direction you want.

Different cultures will view this differently. Even just within the U.S. it is viewed and handled very differently than 35 years ago.

Some level of tolerance should be applied.

"Tolerance' on whose expense?
It is this "grey" area in law that create all these arguments. Lawyers love it.
What is acceptable to some of you might not be the same for others.

Wow. some of the comments here indicate why we need such laws and punishment. There's also the crazy logic that because one thing is done wrong, then doing another wrong should be ok. That a punishment is too much for such crimes has the implication that it shouldn't be a crime at all. And tolerance?! WHAT?! Only molesting somebody a little bit is OK then? I grew up in a military family where there is no such thing as women's work. Women deserve equal respect and rights. Period.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom