Suggestion Kiwi forum

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Azza

Azza

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
Kia Ora Netdoc and Staff

Myself, a kiwi, and a few other Kiwis have for some time now been discussing the fact we have no New Zealand Forum.

We would like to formally ask you for a New Zealand Forum where we can discuss local diving and for potential visitors to ask and receive advice about our fair land and oceans, without getting confused by our being tucked in the Australian Forum.

Kiwi’s number around 15-20 on Scubaboard, and growing, and we would all appreciate our own forum.
Besides it’s hard sharing a forum, as we currently do, with really crap rugby players (i.e. Australia) :D

Kia Kaha

Aaron Lancaster
Aka Azza

I also would like to see a Kiwi forum.

Spent last weekend diving in the coromandel, mmm crays and scallops :)

As a once a year visitor to both Aotearoa and Oz, I say yes, please create a Kiwi forum.

It may have already been mentioned, but you could create a South Pacific Forum, with Oz, NZ and "Other South Pacific locations" as 3 sub forums

Cheers

Steve

MuscleBob.Buffpants:
I also would like to see a Kiwi forum.

Spent last weekend diving in the coromandel, mmm crays and scallops :)
I have just spent the last week in Martins Bay near Kawau Island.
Man if I have to shuck another bloody scallop....

Timotheus:
I'd like to spend some time diving New Zealand (especially Poor Knights) and would be all for creating a separate forum. Actually, I think Australia and Pacific Islands should also be separate forums.
I would like to say that the POR KNIGHTS is not the only place to dive in NZ......:no

dive-class101:
I would like to say that the POR KNIGHTS is not the only place to dive in NZ......:no
Absolutely. It's not even the best but then again charter boats don't always go to the best spots...for that you need to own a boat or know someone who does.:D

But in saying that I love the Poor Knights because I love big drop offs, deep walls, pelagic action and blue water. The tourism scene touts the Poor Knights as the best because a lot of tourist operators have set up to run trips there.
To attract tourists you have to advertise and if you advertise something they may have heard about (i.e. Cousteau rating the Poor Knights as one of the top ten dive sites in the world) then success will follow.
I am also sure the Aussies don't rate GBR as the best diving in their country either but it is touted as such.

The Mokehinau Islands are just as good as the Poor Knights and they are not a reserve. It catches the tail end of the same current that brings diversity to the Poor Knights and isn’t inundated with cattle boats.
The spearfishing out there is fantastic.

Thank you Scubaboard Team. I for one really appreciate it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom