Kiss Classic Configuration

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

atedeschi

Contributor
Reaction score
I know a topic which comes up a lot is SM bailout, Offboard Gas Addition & Dual Oxygen Configurations. I took some time and tried to compile a clear version of how I setup my rig to manage these things. Check it out Here and let me know if something does not make sense or a better way to make the information easier to understand. Feel free to comment or ask questions. I hope you enjoy.

Your chart doesn't make sense (do you really bailout to an Al40 of 50% at 140'?).

Also when you are talking about taking more than 2 bailout tanks does that mean no more than 2 tanks ever or just 2 tanks of bailout gas (as opposed to deco gas)?

That charts saying from 100-150' I take an 80 of 25% and 40 of 50%.

When I talk about only carrying two bailout tanks, I'm talking about all tanks. Gearing up on the boat with more then two sm tanks is a pain and you can see from the chart I can manage to 200' with some combination of two tanks. Also my bailout can get be back from the farthest point like I was in a cave. Now for cave diving I just bump up tank size either 45s, 85s or 108s and add stages and deco bottles ass needed. Caves are easier since you can just drop bottles and pick them up on the way back. Also you don't have to climb up a ladder with all the gear on.

That clear it up some?

That charts saying from 100-150' I take an 80 of 25% and 40 of 50%.

When I talk about only carrying two bailout tanks, I'm talking about all tanks. Gearing up on the boat with more then two sm tanks is a pain and you can see from the chart I can manage to 200' with some combination of two tanks. Also my bailout can get be back from the farthest point like I was in a cave. Now for cave diving I just bump up tank size either 45s, 85s or 108s and add stages and deco bottles ass needed. Caves are easier since you can just drop bottles and pick them up on the way back. Also you don't have to climb up a ladder with all the gear on.

That clear it up some?

It does. Good luck with that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom