Question Using a tank transmitter with doubles (twinset)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My transmitter calculates based off volume. Before each dive you enter the type of tank you’ll be diving with.

What computer do you have?

My transmitter calculates based off volume. Before each dive you enter the type of tank you’ll be diving with.
Your transmitter doesn't calculate anyfhing. Your computer does. Sorry, I missed that you had a Garmin.

I don’t think it invalidates @tursiops point entirely: his point is that the transmitter only transmits the pressure.

So even if you close the manifold, what happens is that it measures only the pressure on one side. Then when you reopen, it will equalise and show a drop or hike, but then the total volume shown will be pressure x volume so it will correct after you open the manifold. (Or at least it should)

I think you are way overthinking it. If you isolate, you have lost (or are losing) one of your cylinder's gas supply. The dive is over...The transmitter will give you pressure on the RT side...No need to know the RMV rate...If you lose the RT side, the SPG on the left will provide that information.

Even though I dive with a transmitter, I check the SPG VS the displayed pressure. I once caught LT side roll off that way.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom