Key's Dive Trip March 14, 15, 16, 2008

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Louma

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Our little club is holding a Key's dive trip. All are welcome, member and non members alike. If you would like to "Get Your Feet Wet" let me know. Open to divers and non divers.

This is a chance to have a great mini vacation, at a reasonable price and dive with a SCUBA Instructor. Also, if you would like, you can pick up your Advanced and or NITROX certifications while there.

I need to know ASAP if you would like to go, and shortly thereafter, a $100.00 non refundable deposit to get things moving. Here are the details:

When:

March 14, 15, 16 Friday, Saturday & Sunday
I'll be there Friday through Monday if some people would like additional dives. This option is offered to afford all the opportunity to take advantage of this trip. If you would like to drive down Saturday, dive Sunday and Monday the offer is there.

Where:

Parmer's Resort, Little Torch Key right on the water, with a pool. Their website: parmersresort.com/ourproperty.

Rates: Queen Bed $134.00, Twin - $144.00 prices are based on double occupancy.

I'm planning on staying an additional day (Sunday) and driving home Monday. If anyone else is interested, this can be arranged also.

Diving:

Strike Zone Charters, MM 29.5, Big Pine Key.

Rates: Diving/Snorkeling Looe Key, max 40 ft, excellent Vis, great dive, cnstantly rated as one of THE best reefs in the world! 2 tank dive $43.00. If you need tanks they are $6.50/tank. This price is good for day dives or night dives.

My thought is to dive Saturday and Sunday or, for those comming down Saturday, to dive Sunday and Monday, each day 2 tanks in the morning and a one tank night dive on Saturday and one on Sunday.

Diving the wreck Adolphus Bush - $50.00.

If there is enough interest, I would like to take a group on the Adolphus Bush, 110 foot deep on the afternoons of both Saturday and Sunday. This is an advanced dive. If you don't have your advanced certification, I'll conduct this course prior to our going to the keys. We'll use our time in the keys doing a night dive and the Bush dive to finish the advanced certification. This is a great way to knock out your advanced cert. The cost for the advanced course would be $150.00 + books/learning pack (bought through Gander Mountain) + pay for a % of my dives (example: cost of wreck dive $50.00, 5 advanced students = $50.00/5 = 10.00 toward my dive).

NITROX will also be ffered at an additional $150.00 plus learning materials.

Don't forget to tip the crew, $10.00/time on the boat is customary. Also the scheduling of the dives may change but for now you have a chance to log 7 (or more) great dives in a weekend! for a cost of about $500.00!

If you are interested, or you need nore information let me know. Remember don't wait to the last minute. This trip is boking up fast. I need to know solid numbers ASAP. This would make a great Holiday present.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom