Key West operators? Several days in April

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for your generous offer. Expect to hear from me in mid to late April. PM Sent to you.

My research showed that there used to be a liveaboard boat that regularly went to those tow wrecks and then was sold about 8-9 years ago and is now a research vessel and it is now much harder becuse of that sale to get to these wrecks.
I sold it in 2016. It’s in Cuba, running research trips. There was another vessel before me that ran those trips as well, it is in the Great Lakes. The one before that is somewhere back in the oil field.

I'm using Finz at the beginning of next month for a Dry Tortugas trip. I can post a report when we get back
Al, I hope you had a nice trip with calm water conditions and good visibility. I am looking forward to your Finz Dry Tortugas AAR. I hope you hit both subs among other wrecks.

Al, I hope you had a nice trip with calm water conditions and good visibility. I am looking forward to your Finz Dry Tortugas AAR. I hope you hit both subs among other wrecks.
We had to cancel our Finz trip due to the weather issues much of the country faced last weekend. We had a few who couldn't get down in time take it happen. They did give us trip credit to use when we rebook. Just not sure when that will be.

Sorry to hear that al, I was looking forward to your AAR. Which wrecks were you planning on seeing if your trip happened ?
I expect to head down there in May for some Training and Diving.

Sorry to hear that al, I was looking forward to your AAR. Which wrecks were you planning on seeing if your trip happened ?
We were planning on reefs not wrecks

The U-2516 is 40 miles past the park. The S-16 is 20 miles from Key West. One is in 180-200 feet, the other is 180-250 feet.

Not really where reef divers go.

Was not too impressed with reef dives there in October with Southpoint or Lost Reef Adventures....... pretty shallow dives with ugly brown reefs and few fish.
At least it wasn't crowded!

I'm diving with Finz (weather pending) next week. So I'll report back my experience.

We're hoping to double dip on Vandenburg and bring scooters and hunt lionfish and simply do one long dive as opposed to 2 shorter dives. They seemed to be ok with that.

I originally reached out to Captain's Corner. They were very nice on the phone but they informed me they didn't allow DPVs or spearfishing on their charters so we choose Finz.

Macado, I hope you enjoy your trip and I look forward to reading your review upon your return. Finz while primarily focusing on recreational customers seems to be more Tech oriented, while Capt. Corner seems to focus solely on the Recreational diver. Wookie would be able to confirm that.

Are you a PADI DM ?

I would like to know how many divers are diving doubles, what if any certification screening of divers goes on at the shop or by the Capt. Anyone diving the Vandenburg on Trimix ? When is the next time Finz is running a trip to the U-2513 or the S-16 ?

That was my impression from speaking to them both on the phone. We're not super picky and happy to go along with whatever the plan is but our goal is just to do one long dive as opposed two shorter dives. They seemed okay with that provided the conditions warrant staying on the wreck and other customers agree.

I'm an active instructor with insurance but not teaching. We are just fun diving.

My wife and I are both planning on diving doubles + O2 since I really don't want to get my rebreather salty. :) Another friend of mine is joining and will take his rebreather but I don't think any of us are planning on diving trimix. I'll see what certs they ask for.

I'd love to dive the U-2513 or the S-16 but we hadn't really planned anything technical this trip.
Macado, I hope you enjoy your trip and I look forward to reading your review upon your return. Finz while primarily focusing on recreational customers seems to be more Tech oriented, while Capt. Corner seems to focus solely on the Recreational diver. Wookie would be able to confirm that.

Are you a PADI DM ?

I would like to know how many divers are diving doubles, what if any certification screening of divers goes on at the shop or by the Capt. Anyone diving the Vandenburg on Trimix ? When is the next time Finz is running a trip to the U-2513 or the S-16 ?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom