Key Largo Next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So what are the water temps really? I was told 3mm but more I read here everyone suggests 5mm?

:D Well you presented a problem with a logical solution so I gave you a logical and simple answer.
I didn't present a problem, just made a statement. I already had your proposed solution. Not sure why you assumed that a 30+ year diver who spent many years as a full-time instructor wouldn't know about skins and wetsuits and hoods and such. :idk:
What thickness is your suit?
Posted above, you missed it. Doesn't matter how thick the suit is. I freeze no matter what. Always have, no matter what suit I wear. So what, I made two dives anyway, and yes, I was freezing, but I had a great time diving with some really great people. :)

Back to the topic of Key Largo diving...we dove Carysfort Light first dive and the vis wasn't too bad but it was surgy as hell. Second dive was Watson's Reef and it was like diving in milk, the worst vis I've seen on a dive in years and years. The folks who dove the Spiegel Grove were gone by the time we returned, so I can't report on that...maybe they will check in here.

I will be in Key Largo Sunday afternoon through Tuesday evening with a group of dive buddies from PBC. We chartered a boat for Monday & Tuesday and will be spearing and lostering having cookouts afterwards. 561-309-8111.

So where all invited to the lobster cook out?

So where all invited to the lobster cook out?

Well we are having informal SB get-together at 9pm on Wednesday at the bar near MM100 (Sharkey's?). Anyone welcome :)

I didn't present a problem, just made a statement. I already had your proposed solution. Not sure why you assumed that a 30+ year diver who spent many years as a full-time instructor wouldn't know about skins and wetsuits and hoods and such. :idk:
Posted above, you missed it. Doesn't matter how thick the suit is. I freeze no matter what. Always have, no matter what suit I wear. So what, I made two dives anyway, and yes, I was freezing, but I had a great time diving with some really great people. :)

It's been a long time since I read men are from Mars and women are from Venus. What was I thinking with suggesting further protection? My responce should simply have been....I am so sorry that you were cold today honey. Hopefully tomorrow will be warmer. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: See you guys there tomorrow! DebbyDiver, I owe you a drink. Hot chocolate prehaps! :D

I'll be at OD over New Years and definitely be hanging out with folks from OD and Dick Rutkowski!

It's been a long time since I read men are from Mars and women are from Venus. What was I thinking with suggesting further protection? My responce should simply have been....I am so sorry that you were cold today honey. Hopefully tomorrow will be warmer. :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: See you guys there tomorrow! DebbyDiver, I owe you a drink. Hot chocolate prehaps! :D
Hee hee, there you go! Actually I heard it is the other way around, that men just want to vent a little and then the women jump in and try to "save them" when all they wanted to do was vent. Thank you, you're just too cute! :kiss2: Speaking of drinks, I have the PERFECT apres-dive adult beverage. Liquid Mounds Bar. Take a cup of hot chocolate and add a shot of Malibu. NOW we're getting warm! :rofl3: I have dragged my big Coleman Stove around for post-dive water heating, but I recently acquired a backpacking stove so tiny that it could fit in a cell phone pouch. I think I'll have to get a dry bag for it and keep it in my boat gear bag. :eyebrow:

We have to catch'em first. Wer are hunting in unfamilar waters so no guarantees on our ability to put on a spread. Will keep you up-dated however...
Yesterday we saw MANY lobsters. On the first dive, which was in a protected area, we saw about 4 keepers. On the second dive, where we could legally hunt, we saw about the same number of lobsters but all shorts. I wish you a lot of luck in the hunt.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom