Key Largo Next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving with Slate's Atlantis for $35 for a two tank dive. Ask Speargirl for details or search for her end of year special post about it.

I have dove with Silent World before and they do a good job.

Hi F-O-W,

I haven't heard any complaints about steel tanks. If they are LP steel then it would explain the 2600 PSI. Steel is negatively bouyant even when empty which I consider a big plus. Taking a few pounds of lead out of the weight pouches is good thing as far as I am concerned. With a 3mil suit and steel tank I can go lead-free, however I am bringing a thicker suit so I can be toasty warm. Yes, I am diving on the 30th and 31st weather permitting the whole week.

Ocean Divers uses LP steel 80s, I believe the fill pressure is 2400 psi. This allows you to take off at least 4 lbs off your weight. Personally, I appreciate this loss of weight regardless of my wetsuit. For diving this time of year, with a water temp of low 70s, I would be wearing a full 5mm with a hood or hooded vest. The OD boats are both large and stable, perfect for diving in the Winter conditions, whether you are prone to motion sickness or not.

Best of luck, wish I was diving with you.

Good diving, Craig

I'll be there from 27th until 2nd and diving 28-1st.

Unfortunately I do not have a car so I can't drive and meet :(

I will be diving with Scuba Do. Their schedule: :: Scuba-Do Dive Company :: [ Upcoming Dives ] Scuba Diving in Key Largo, the Florida Keys

I will be on the private part in the afternoon and most mornings (when PM is not deep dive). Staying just across the street from them.

I would love to get together however.

Scuba Do leaves right in front of the Ocean Divers boats, Santana and Ocean Diver. The Galley, next to Ocean Divers is great for lunch or dinner, Sharkey's is a very popular bar on the ground floor.

Good diving, Craig

We do have a special running at Captain Slate's Atlantis Dive Center for $35 for a 2 tank dive until Jan 31,2010. Captain Slate wanted to say thank you to all the divers who have been coming to the Keys for many years and showing there support to the diving industry. Come and join us !!!!
Becky

At the Florida dive show Ocean Divers advertised some special for locals/non locals. I think there website has more info

Local conditions right now in the Keys are dicey but getting nicer by the day. Was sunny today but windy. All boats running as planned through out the keys. Tempts yesterday on the northern reefs where 70 degree on the first dive and 73 degree on the second dive.

Ocean Divers is using Low Pressure steels the 2400 psi they fill to is almost the exact same as a 3000 psi alum 80. So dont think twice about the difference the tank will last you just as long as any other tank. All the tanks at OD are 4 pounds negative meaning just dive 4 pounds lighter then you normally do.

Enjoy your time in the keys and maybe will see you guys around and about. I'll be over at Silent World all week.

Anyone doing midnight dive on 31st?

Somewhere close to where Scuba-do is? 'coz I don't have a car to move around :(

azchipka are you SERIOUS? The water in the Keys is down to 70 and 73 now? It isn't that cold up here!

Recent Site Temps:
South Ledges @ The Elbow 72 (12/22)
City of Washington @ The Elbow 70 (12/22)
South Ledges @ The Elbow 75 (12/15)
Mikes Wreck @ The Elbow 73 (12/15)
South Ledges @ The Elbow 73 (12/14)
City of Washington @ The Elbow 73 (12/14)

Recent Site Temps:
South Ledges @ The Elbow 72 (12/22)
City of Washington @ The Elbow 70 (12/22)
South Ledges @ The Elbow 75 (12/15)
Mikes Wreck @ The Elbow 73 (12/15)
South Ledges @ The Elbow 73 (12/14)
City of Washington @ The Elbow 73 (12/14)

Which one of you is reporting "Suunto" temps? :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom