Key Largo Next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Molasses Reef Buoy says nearly 76 degrees but there have been some wild swings down to low 70s on the 5 day plot, I've found it to be reasaonably accurate NDBC - Station MLRF1 The water temp for most of my visits in December has been in the mid 70s, Janunary-March has been a few degrees cooler.

Good diving, Craig

I just pray I'm not gonna freeze on tomorrow's dives!!!

Ocean Divers uses LP steel 80s, I believe the fill pressure is 2400 psi. This allows you to take off at least 4 lbs off your weight. Personally, I appreciate this loss of weight regardless of my wetsuit. For diving this time of year, with a water temp of low 70s, I would be wearing a full 5mm with a hood or hooded vest. The OD boats are both large and stable, perfect for diving in the Winter conditions, whether you are prone to motion sickness or not.

Best of luck, wish I was diving with you.

Good diving, Craig

Just because you rent the tanks at one shop does not prevent you from having them filled somewhere else that will give you a proper LP cylinder fill. PM me for details if you wish...

I will be in Key Largo Sunday afternoon through Tuesday evening with a group of dive buddies from PBC. We chartered a boat for Monday & Tuesday and will be spearing and lostering having cookouts afterwards. 561-309-8111.

It's simply a matter of adding a skin or jumping into your winter suit...
Thank you so much Mr. Helpful, I never would have known that. :shakehead: Since October, I've been wearing my hood, and my 3/4" farmer john 2-piece suit with skin under. What do you suggest I add? And no, a drysuit is NOT in the budget.

Last edited:
Thank you so much Mr. Helpful, I never would have known that. :shakehead:

Since October, I've been wearing my skin, my hood, and my 3/4" farmer john 2-piece suit. And I've been cold. There's nothing to add and no, a drysuit is not in the budget. I legitimately fear I could be freezing today but if I only make the first dive and sit out the second, I'll still have a great day! :wink:

:D Well you presented a problem with a logical solution so I gave you a logical and simple answer. Didn't say it would be cheap however so you got me there. After last year's colder than normal water temps I acquired a 5mm suit from Wetwear which worked like a champ in Ginnie Springs last weekend. What thickness is your suit?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom