Key Largo Favorite Restaurants

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CajunDiva

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We are headed down to Key Largo next week for a bit of diving with Rainbow Reef Dive Center. Do any of you have recent favorite restaurant experiences? We're wondering if there's something new to try out!

If your looking into a good meal that doesn't break the bank, then my 2 "go-to" are, Mrs. Macs and for breakfast, Keys Bite... both right next to each other. Otherwise, I like the Lazy Lobster, Snooks (on the water), and Fish House. For sunsets, Snooks and Sundowners... Cant go wrong with any of those. My son and I usually go to The Big Chill after the dives (with Rainbow Reef too, :wink: for lunch and a beer. Basic finger foods and its overlooking blackwater sound.

I enjoy Sharkeys. Their Coconut Shrimp, Fish & Chips, and Slider Burgers were all tasty. Kinda funny how the reviews on TA say they have horrible service. I never experienced bad service, all my Servers were all very good and attentive.

Also try Shiver's BBQ. It's not in Key Largo but in Homestead before you get to Florida City and the Keys. Delicious BBQ, family owned & operated since 1950's

The sushi place right next to Burger King, and the Mrs. Macs just down from there. Sharky's for lunch. That's about all we eat down there! Oh, and waffle house, or the cuban breakfast joint. Rainbow reef fans here too!

Key Largo Conch House. My favorite conch fritters in the Keys and their main courses are excellent as well, although it's been 10 years since I've been there.

I'm not into the bar, so eat upstairs from Sharkey's Pub at the Galley Restaurant. Same menu and happy hour as downstairs. Good, friendly service. Many tasty things on the menu, but the best fish tacos I've ever had.

Anybody wanna weigh in on Doc's vs Harriettes for Breakfast?
I've been to most of the others mentioned, but never these two. Since I'm the poster child for seasickness, I don't get to eat breakfast :vomit:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom