Key Largo - diving, dining, nightlife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ditto to what sportxlh said regarding dive sites. If you end up at Sharkeys try the fish tacos. Have a great trip and let us know how it goes

Ummm Sharkey's fish tacos... they are tasty & huge. So unless you've built up an enormous appetite for 2, order just 1. YMMV

I forgot to mention the fish tacos at the Galley/Sharkey's. They're among the best I've ever had, this coming from someone who lived in So Cal until age 25 and having spent time living in San Diego and visiting Baja California. Makes me hungry just thinking about them. I really do have to get back to Key Largo!

Eric, My recommendation is to visit the Pots. The reef next to it is the best one I've seen in Key Largo. And of course Sharkey's fish tacos.

Sharkey's my friend, and like everyone has said, get the fish tacos. They are like non other. And if you want the night life (diver style), find out where Allen Truesdell is playing at night. That will be the place to go. Haha, and if you aren't sure, ask for Rocket. He's a big black German Shepherd and everyone on the island knows him. Have fun!

No bad ops in Key largo. They wouldn't survive ten minutes in this competitive atmosphere.

Dining-Lunch at Key Largo Fisheries or Hobo's. Dinner at Mrs Macs.

Fine Dining-10 miles south Islamorada. Michael's, Lazy Days or Old Tavernier (local spot)

Night Life-forget it, we're all too tired from diving, fishing, kayaking.

Airline, hotel and car rental - check

restaurants, entertainment - will write all your suggetions down and schedule them

stoagies - bringing my girls with me to enjoy on the beach. Sunset preferred.

diving - unless anyone can tell me Ocean Divers is REALLY good, I'm booking 12 dives (4 per day) with Rainbow Reef - they have a lot of great reviews.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom