Key Largo Dive Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, they seem very responsive. Some comments that they are too big, but also know their stuff.

I am not a 'big operator' kind of person generally. However, I've been down there countless time by now, and they really do a fantastic job. I've even been on an emergency situation where they had to pull up and go immediately for a medical situation. My kid also did his AOW there. So many things are also so close to them in that location.

I am not a 'big operator' kind of person generally. However, I've been down there countless time by now, and they really do a fantastic job. I've even been on an emergency situation where they had to pull up and go immediately for a medical situation. My kid also did his AOW there. So many things are also so close to them in that location.

Might want to delete the first quote in your reply, it is from another thread. I got really confused for a second.

I have been perusing some threads on Key Largo for an upcoming trip, I would be solo. I have done most of my diving in Cozumel where groups are always lead by a DM so solo divers werent a problem. It seems in KL that only a few ops have guides available. Are most dive trips 1 or 2 tanks or does that vary by op as well. Looking for a little guidance of where to go, wrecks are ok for me, love coral, but mostly looking to be able to see larger fish as my priority. Thanks
Also since it seems like it is not drift diving do any companies do a snorkel/ dive combo since my wife just likes to snorkel?

I have been perusing some threads on Key Largo for an upcoming trip, I would be solo. I have done most of my diving in Cozumel where groups are always lead by a DM so solo divers werent a problem. It seems in KL that only a few ops have guides available. Are most dive trips 1 or 2 tanks or does that vary by op as well. Looking for a little guidance of where to go, wrecks are ok for me, love coral, but mostly looking to be able to see larger fish as my priority. Thanks
Also since it seems like it is not drift diving do any companies do a snorkel/ dive combo since my wife just likes to snorkel?
Snorkel and scuba doesn't really fair well together - check with selected op nonetheless. 99,99% of divers hate seeing a snorkeler on the boat.
Vast majority of dives in the keys are 2-tank dives unless noted otherwise.
In my experience most upper keys' dives are anchored dives, but sometimes currents may call for a drift dive. Trash trek dives are drift dives. Technically it's a call for a captain to make assuming divers are comfortable with the decision.
DM in the water - Key Dives in Islamorada put numerous DM's in the water, usually keeping no more than 5-6 divers per DM, so solo should not be an issue. I think Horizon (Key Largo) does one DM per group, not sure about others. I'd suggest calling them first to make sure your wishes/concerns are taken care of. Do not rely on website info...

Just got back from Key Largo. I give thumbs up to Rainbow Reef! Awesome people there, personable and helpful. Dive guides included on dives, good for beginning divers.

Snorkel and scuba doesn't really fair well together - check with selected op nonetheless. 99,99% of divers hate seeing a snorkeler on the boat.
Really, wow. 99.9% of divers hate snorkelers, who knew? Please provide a link to your source or upload a copy of your research showing how you arrived at such specific numbers.

Proud to be in the 0.01%!

I’m with you lol. I actually don’t mind them as snorkelers take up less space (less gear). For shallow reef dives in key largo they won’t keep you from going to good spots anyway.

Proud to be in the 0.01%!
Same, if they bother you as a scuba diver, you may be scuba diving in locations better suited to snorkeling. And on the all of the combined scuba and snorkeling trips I've been on, we're FILO so we don't have to deal with them in the water at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom