Key Largo Dive Operator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Horizon Divers are great. Never had any issues. Just talk to them about your different experience levels and ask them what sites they would recommend. Have a great trip!

We've been diving with Rainbow Reef Dive Center for 19 years. We've yet to have a negative experience. I would definitely recommend them for inexperienced divers. There are guides with you in the water on each dive, so you can simply focus on following them and enjoying your diving. It will take a bit of the stress off of you.

Horizon is great. Florida Keys Dive Center is great. Captain Slate's is great.

i would avoid Rainbow Reef 100%.

We like Key Largo Dive Center. Smaller operation than Horizon and Rainbow, so more personal service. They have a really nice brand new dive boat and they put a dive guide in the water on every dive, which is great for less experienced divers.

I have 3 new OW divers that I would like to get AOW. I did some fun dives with Rainbow and had an overall good time. Looking for feedback on instructors. Also any I sight on dive conditions in Mid March.

I can't give a comparison to other shops, but I spent a week diving with Rainbow Reef a couple of weeks ago. Professional outfit with a friendly, energetic staff. They did a fine job for me. That's my $.02.

My kid did his AOW there. Instructor was fantastic. Highly recommended. Been diving with them overall numerous times (3-5 days at a time) and always top notch.

While it's not in Key Largo, I can definitely recommend against Islamorada Dive Center. They put us in the water with AL80's filled over 4000psi (in 80f water), on yolk regs no less. I was too naïve at the time to know any better and just went with it.

I have used Quiescence. They run 6 packs. They do not put a dive master into the water. We always reserved a spot on a boat and if just the 2 of us show up, they will go out. They also know a potload of reefs. And they go to ones that pretty much no one else goes to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom