Key Largo daily dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I'm soon headed down to Key Largo for a 10 day trip starting on Dec., 3rd. I've been reading the dive & sea condition reports and I sure hope the old swimming pool calms down during that time. I've planned this trip for awhile & got my fingers crossed. Oh well, I can always try to sacrifice a beer to the sea gods and drink the rest. :cheers:

NetDoc, you could be in Cozumel with us right now and doing email instead of getting wet. Norte blew in last night and no diving today :( However, the last four days have been great and Hubby's trim and buoyancy is looking much better, thanks to you!

Way too much rain, it rained from dark last night until 7 am this morning! Felt like it was time to get on a boat or something, in case the land went underwater! But the sun is out and wind is down to 10-12 knts and we are heading out at 1pm as most operators are. 1-2 on the inside reef and 2-3 on the outer reefs, vis is cloudy on the inner reef, 25' viz and much better on the outside, 40+, so hopefully you have booked your Thanksgiving dive weekend already and we will see you underwater. If you are already here we are doing a Thanksgiving Day AM dive, we leave the dock at 8:30 am...gobble gobble...have a huge meal and then dive the calories off.

NetDoc, you could be in Cozumel with us right now and doing email instead of getting wet. Norte blew in last night and no diving today :( However, the last four days have been great and Hubby's trim and buoyancy is looking much better, thanks to you!
Well, I'm waiting for you guys to return for more fun here!

Finally, laid down for the Turkey weekend! Yesterday was a bit 'sporty' 3-4 occasional 5 footers, we dove but it was bumpy, fortunately the vis held to 50 feet or better. Today back down to 1-2 on the outside and better on the inner reefs. NNW winds about 10-15, mostly 10 so we are out on the reef and having fun...so get on a boat and go diving. Sunday, tomorrow is gonna to be even better!

Finally, laid down for the Turkey weekend! Yesterday was a bit 'sporty' 3-4 occasional 5 footers, we dove but it was bumpy, fortunately the vis held to 50 feet or better. Today back down to 1-2 on the outside and better on the inner reefs. NNW winds about 10-15, mostly 10 so we are out on the reef and having fun...so get on a boat and go diving. Sunday, tomorrow is gonna to be even better!

I saw that you are moving to the Tavernier creek area. Are you still keeping the 106mm location?

It's here! A perfect day, less then a foot and viz at least 60'. Our morning dive on the City of Washington was perfect, sorry you missed it. Sun out all day and still at 1 December don't need a wetsuit...we made it. Make your Christmas dive plans now, I can tell ya all the upper keys motels are full now or almost full. Call now.

---------- Post added December 2nd, 2013 at 04:42 PM ----------

And another gorgeous day in the Fla. Keys. Barely 2' easy rollers and viz is up to 60' again, just a perfect dive day. The week is holding the same and probably the weekend, so get in some early Christmas Diving and be ready for the Christmas Holiday dive week, call your favorite Keys dive operator today.

---------- Post added December 2nd, 2013 at 04:44 PM ----------

Fish and Beer, love to have you dive with us. Give us a call and we can take care of all your diving needs here in Key Largo. 305-451-3020, or captainslate@captainslate.com. We been here 35 years and think we know how to take care of our divers. Don't miss our Creature Feature. Give us a shot.

And back to the perfect weather, another banner day, less then a foot and flat on the inner reefs, can't beat the diving, again 60 plus viz and just a dive, dive day. We are all doing our Christmas dance in hopes this weather continues for the big holiday dive rush. Remember, it is always better when you are wetter!

Thanks Capt. Slate. Go ahead...RUB IT IN :banghead::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom