Key Largo daily dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry gang been off the 'air' just putting up with some windy weather the past couple days and finally it has laid down and we are back in action, hardly a breeze today 10 knts. NE and viz got back up to 40' on the outside and a bit less on the inner reefs, 25'. Hope many of you got down for the Christmas break, we had tons of visitors and again the weather was not as cooperative as we all wanted but we did get out most every day, why can't it just be calm for Christmas???? So water is still 76-77 degrees about as 'cold' as we want it and it usually stays there for Jan and Feb then the spring warm up will be here. So if ya missed Christmas diving head down now, non crowded boats an a lot of underwater fun...

Sorry everyone, I been absent on the weather reports, just got busy doing boat repairs (never stops) and kid stuff. Today like since last Friday is flat calm and beautiful, actually zero seas, winds are less then 6knts from the West and that gives us no seas in the upper portion of the keys. We had a whopping 100' of viz all weekend and it seems to be the same today, our boat is not quite on the reef yet. So we get the perfect weather after the Christmas rush, but at least we got it now! Remember the water temp is still 76, so light wetsuit and you are fine.

Hello divers, well a bit sporty out today but we are diving for sure. The wind is out of the N at 15knts so we got a good wind direction, N and W are the best directions for the upper keys. So we got seas at 2-3 on the inner reefs and 3-4 on the Spiegel Grove. Morning temp air was up to 63 degrees and warming, maybe this chilly weather is out of here! Water temp dropped a bit to 75 but still wearing my 3mm, not bad..remember March is just around the corner so call your favorite dive store and sign up for so great spring diving. See ya underwater.

Slate, I just got a rebreather sent to me and I want to go get it wet. I am still waiting on an O2 sensor and sorb, but they might come today. Are you going out tomorrow?

Well here we go as usual the weather report from Miami last night was 25 Knt winds 'rough' water condidtions!!! WRONG AGAIN AND AGAIN. It is barely blowing a gentle breeze out of the SE and just got back from the morning trip and it is barely 2' so what the heck planet are the weather reporters talking about? Sunny and warm on top and 75 degrees warm in the water. So come on down and dive the Keys....

I fished the ledge just north of Cary's fort today and the vis was superman. The current was nil! I didn't dive this far out but I dove the creeks inshore and water okay in 3mm shorty.

Ok we do have a third day of rain, but there is no wind and the rain is slight so we are out there having fun. Yesterday there was 100' + in the Spiegel Grove. Today light winds out of the N and that is making our sea state lest then a foot. We have just been having almost flat calm seas for over a week, wonderful! So come on down, looking at the national weather scene the keys are the only place to be, so why not be diving!

Happy Super Bowl, should be a great game and I am sure most of ya are watching it. I rarely get to watch a football game since I work every weekend but I am sitting down and watching this one..beautiful dive this morning, just a little swell like 3' occasionally 4' but lying down as we speak, just swells left over from the wind yesterday, very comfortable in my 5 mil, first time with the 5 mil probably could use a three. But air temp is 81 degrees, tell that to all the rest of the Unites States....so come dive the keys we are open and having a grand time, no where else better!

Sorry missed a few days but the weather is again perfect, light breeze out of the S at 8 knts and 1-2 feet max everywhere, definitely dive weather. So come on down, supposed to be better this weekend, not that it has to be better then what we got to have fun! So come on down to the keys and do some 'spring' diving. No snow in the forecast! 80 degrees on land, 74-76 degree water!

And we have another banner day today, gentle winds about 8 knts from the North making the sea calm near shore and a foot on the outside reefs, so what are ya waiting for? Still 75-76 degree water! What winter weather? Not in the keys anyway. Usually we get a cold front or two in Feb and so far almost every day is in the 80's air temp! So shovel out the car drive to the airport and get on a plane to Miami, rent a car and get to the keys for some fantastic diving. See ya underwater.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom