Key Largo daily dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We've cleaned the place up for you, hope you like it! :D :D :D

Thanks Pete...I know we will love it.

Six hours until I pick up the GF and the festivities begin :yeahbaby:

My girlfriend and I are coming down to Duck Key to dive this Friday and Saturday. I've seen one weather forecast that said 50% chance of rain, and 22-25 mph winds. The other forecast I've seen say more like 11mph winds and only 20% chance of rain. Anyone have any ideas what to expect this weekend?

Now the other weather app is saying increased winds and rain. 13mph winds and a 30/40 chance of rain. Any input from the locals?

Sent from my Samsung thingermajig using Tapatalk 2.

Another beautiful day, less then 8knts from the SE seas 1' on inner reefs, 2' everywhere else, so come on down and have some fun this weekend and avoid the rush on Thanksgiving weekend! Just beautiful November weather, no snow shovels needed!

---------- Post added November 22nd, 2013 at 02:30 PM ----------

Well, the 'winter' winds and rain showed up today, actually started in the middle of the night and we got winds about 10-15 knts with gusts to 20 or so knts. Not a great day for diving it is possible but we got 2-3's choppy inside the reef and fairly constant rain. Our forecast for tomorrow is only 20% chance of rain and winds 10 -15 knts. definitely better for diving. So we will see you underwater...

What a nice day in spite of the NOAA forecast...only 1-3 mostly 1-2 feet on the Elbow this morning and looking good for tomorrow until late afternoon on Sunday, we will see. We had 40' viz and the water temp is still warm, 79-80 degrees, hey will make it to Thanksgiving before wearing a wetsuit! Love the Keys...

---------- Post added November 24th, 2013 at 12:59 PM ----------

Another beautiful day on the Reef, again 5 knts. or less and one footers on the outside reefs. 50' viz just a perfect day here in the fabulous Florida Keys! So where are you? If you are here then you know how nice the diving is today, if not pick up the phone and make your Thanksgiving reservations now! See ya underwater!

Well, the front came in last night and it is blowing about 20-25 knts. today, good time to plan your next dive in the Keys like this coming weekend. Supposed to lay down by Wed. and that is when most of ya are heading to the Keys so we will make it good for you, just show up and let's eat Turkey and dive! See ya under water, we all will need to dive off our Turkey Dinner, burp!

We even had chop at Jacob's Aquatic Center: the pool! :D :D :D Fortunately, no surge for my student during his Snobbish amounts of trim class.

It seems like there were 1-2 footers at the park today(Harry Harris). That being said a dolphin hung around for awhile in probably 3 feet of water

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom