Keep it, or ask for return?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My thoughts are that you received a better wing than you ordered. What you choose to do with it is up to you.

Sent them the photos as they requested. They apologizes for the mixup, and said that if I was happy with the DR, then I was welcome to keep it. Now just counting down the days until I can jump in the pool and see how it feels.
If you’re going to be going tech in the future, you’ll likely be looking at DR for some gear. They’ve got great stuff that doesn’t cost the earth like some stuff.

Not going to tell you what YOU want to do with that wing, but I do have to agree with what @drrich2 said about your future plans.
When I started diving, I said that I will never dive with doubles becauses I am not into that tech-diving thing.
Now I dive mostly doubles, in dry suit, and having one tank of 50% slung on my left, right now contemplating whether to go into cave diving, since I have a nice cave few clicks from my home.

Attachments

• Krušnica_03.jpg
    Krušnica_03.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 52
Glad you have it all sorted out. I usually want exactly what I order, but I wasn't as picky when I started diving. Experience has shown that one can dive well with any decent gear, it's all a matter of personal preference.

Not going to tell you what YOU want to do with that wing, but I do have to agree with what @drrich2 said about your future plans.
When I started diving, I said that I will never dive with doubles becauses I am not into that tech-diving thing.
Now I dive mostly doubles, in dry suit, and having one tank of 50% slung on my left, right now contemplating whether to go into cave diving, since I have a nice cave few clicks from my home.
I plan on getting to tech diving, but I know I'm at least a year out. I still need to finish some course, and get up to my Master Diver, and then I'll start looking at the tech side. I'm REALLY looking forward to getting this new kit wet in about a week and a half, even if it's just pool water.

My gear is starting to come together, still have to trim the harness, it's WAY to big in the waist. Still waiting for my SPG to come in, and then I can start to get everything set how I want and setting up my bolt snaps.

IMG_1299.jpg

My gear is starting to come together, still have to trim the harness, it's WAY to big in the waist. Still waiting for my SPG to come in, and then I can start to get everything set how I want and setting up my bolt snaps.

View attachment 696322
Looks good. If you have a soldering iron, that is a great way to cut the webbing, it melts as you go so it doesn't fray. You will probably want to go ahead and order a much shorter hose to replace the yellow one. 40" on a necklace will have a huge bow to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom