Keep eye on NHC, possible storms about a week out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m flexible so I pushed my trip back a week. I thought for sure the flight this morning would get canceled but Delta into Cancun at 12:30pm is just showing a short delay. This is showing 20-30 mph winds so must be ok for flying. Either way would not have been a fun day to travel and have to spend the night in Playa.

4868849D-CCEC-4F47-8AD5-9D84340A68DC.jpeg

Woohoo! Out of the forecast cone! Seems like they may have jumped the center of circulation further north at some point overnight. Wasn’t supposed to a here until tonight but is already almost at our latitude (but farther east )

It is getting way better organized on satellite so we might still get some heavy rain, but even that isn’t certain

upload_2020-8-22_7-6-47.png

Smart, you would have had a rough journey today...

A loss of power at Delta earlier today has impacted Delta operations worldwide. As of 1:30 p.m. ET the airline had canceled 450 flights, while nearly 1,700 flights had been dispatched.

The port is closed this morning so no diving. The weather is actually very nice.

According to United flight status, flight from Houston is in the air and will be arriving early.

According to United flight status, flight from Houston is in the air and will be arriving early.
They're going to have to fly around that...

Capture.JPG

In normal times a demonstration outside the Port Captains would be in order but the new Guardia Nacional, who seems to have the mask / covid compliance mandate, has machine guns:eek:
Exactly, Been there done that a few years ago with the "new Port Captain".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom