Katrina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lets steel a bus and go save the strippers in New Orleans..........bring floaties

You would say that!!! Get your head out of the gutter and think about the people that are in need of help.

YEAH DUD! I'M VERY FREE SPEACH, BUT THATS PRETTY LOW.
I went to bed late last night thinking that people will die, and last night at midnight it looked like maybe lots of people might die.
Thankfully it looks like NOLA got spared again, for the most part.

Shushi:
You would say that!!! Get your head out of the gutter and think about the people that are in need of help.

HEY! STRIPPERS NEED HELP TOO. SAVE THE STRIPPERS!

But seriously, floks; does anybody have condition reports on Southern Missisippi? I My normal sources of information are all down and the national news is too general to be of help. Specifically, I would like to know about electrical outages and road conditions in Southern Mississippi.

QUETZAL:
YEAH DUD! I'M VERY FREE SPEACH, BUT THATS PRETTY LOW.
I went to bed late last night thinking that people will die, and last night at midnight it looked like maybe lots of people might die.
Thankfully it looks like NOLA got spared again, for the most part.
Yes, people did die. So far mostly the stubborn ones in a beachside apartment complex whom decided to 'ride out' the hurricane while under a mandatory evacuation. While I feel bad for them, I don't feel sad for anyone who decides to tempt fate that way. Kinda like divers who intentionally take risks way beyond their training.

It is very very bad along Alabama, Mississippi and the southeastern part of Louisiana...

My hopes, prayers and heart goes out to all those people... Lets hope that our buddies in the area are fine.. Homes can be replaced our friends and loved ones can't...

We lost power yesterday morning but got it back around midnight last night. No real damage, just limbs down in the yard. I haven't heard from anyone in LA though, well oilman posted in another thread earlier so he's OK and trying to find a way to get back to jump on a helo to get back to the rigs. Paulwall, mrfish, vonbeck, everyone else in LA?

jlayman800:
HEY! STRIPPERS NEED HELP TOO. SAVE THE STRIPPERS!

But seriously, floks; does anybody have condition reports on Southern Missisippi? I My normal sources of information are all down and the national news is too general to be of help. Specifically, I would like to know about electrical outages and road conditions in Southern Mississippi.

I think Westbound I-10 is open, you can't get to Biloxi/Gulfport, or New Orleans/Pearl River, ect. They showed footage of the exits off I-10 for Hwy 57 and 43, both were litterally rivers with over 10' of water. I would expect power to be out for days/weeks. I haven't seen much footage of Ocean Springs other than a local reporter at the Blockbuster there, it was demolished. The I-10 bridge of Pascagoula River was hit by a rogue barge and I think they closed the Eastbound lanes of it. I believe Westbound is still fine.

Best of luck to ya John, let me know if you guys need any help cleaning up during the weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom