Katrina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am from the Slidell, LA area. Just north west of new orleans. My family an I evacuated to Mobile, AL when the storm came. We just got power back and amazingly had the internet connection still up. I think we might be here for a few weeks.

Hey vonbeck,

Long time no see dude :) Sorry bout the circumstances, maybe the waters can clear up and we can get some diving in once they open up the beaches at Gulf Shores.

I hope the best for your home in Slidell, I heard alot of the north shore wasn't destroyed.

Im originally from new orleans, and all of my family still lives down there. They were all able to get out and get to a safe place, but not sure of the conditions of there homes. They probably wont be able to get back in the city for awhile and see how much damage was done. Im so angry at the fact that there are stupid idiots in new orleans shooting at the rescue helicopters and boats, I mean how dumb do you have to be. Well anyway, my prayers are with the people down there, and with all the people along the gulf coast. If there is anything I can do to help anyone, please let me know. I dont have alot of money, but I do have an extra room for someone to stay if in need. God bless and stay safe.

Kyle

Seems appropriate to have one here as well, since this forum represents the area the storm hit.

Besides, the other thread is littered with political garbage and finger pointing now, annoying.

I agree with bugman - the other thread is totally trashed now.

SuPrBuGmAn:
Seems appropriate to have one here as well, since this forum represents the area the storm hit.

Besides, the other thread is littered with political garbage and finger pointing now, annoying.
Like your post 9 mins before this one? Post 244

Quetzal,

SBM did not point fingers at you but of course that did not stop you! good going, I can see your a stand up kind guy!

QUETZAL:
Like your post 9 mins before this one? Post 244

Exactly, so why mess up two threads?

Hi again, so 5 days later I'm posting again on this thread - keeping myself updated on the event. As someone who is involved in disaster relief & response I sincerely hope conditions are improving faster. Prayers and thoughts go out again.

Back
Top Bottom