Katrina

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello fellow SBer's. I have internet back. Damage was bad in Hattiesburg and from what I hear, the 80 miles south of me are even worse than what is seen on the news reports. Keep praying. I got power back around Friday in my place and the lights came on Sunday afternoon at work. Camp Shelby is one of the forward staging areas for relief supplies going into the gulf region. A main reason the response was "too slow" was the amount of trees that fell across the roads going through the Desoto National Forest south of Hattiesburg. Cutting up a large tree every 20' feet for, say 50 miles, does take time. The MDOT crews did manage to carve a small path to the coast sometime after midnight Monday night (early Tuesday morning) The damage is pretty awesome and people are without a lot of things right now. Please try and avoid the who screwed up discussiopns and focus on how we as a group or individual can assist. Just my 2 centavos. I am continuing to train Soldiers for war while helping my families recover.
Howard

Glad to hear from you philmottrek, I heard Hattiesburg got hammered pretty badly. I'll be up there working tomorrow, I'm hoping the roads aren't in too bad of shape on US98!

philmottrek99and02:
A main reason the response was "too slow" was the amount of trees that fell across the roads going through the Desoto National Forest south of Hattiesburg. Cutting up a large tree every 20' feet for, say 50 miles, does take time. The MDOT crews did manage to carve a small path to the coast sometime after midnight Monday night (early Tuesday morning) The damage is pretty awesome and people are without a lot of things right now. Please try and avoid the who screwed up discussiopns and focus on how we as a group or individual can assist.
Could not agree with you more! There are so many people bustin' their tails to help other folks I get really weary of the whiners.
There's plenty of good stuff to do to keep *everybody* busy for quite a while. We just don't need folks carping from the sidelines.
Glad to hear you're ok.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom