Kamusta from Manila

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

weremermaid

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Kamusta and hello from Cherrie in Manila. I've been paddling sea kayaks, snorkling and diving in the Philippines, Mayalysia and Singapore since 1992 and have been a member of the Singapore Club Aquanaut group.

We have 7100 islands in my country, so there's always an excuse to play in the sea if there aren't any typhoons. If you guys and gals have any question about travel in the Philippines, do email or send me a message.

Cherrie

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Hi, Cherrie. Welcome to SB.

Mugandung umaga, kaybigon! I used to live on Palawan, did some work with Haribon. My name "Salimbag" was given to me by some Batak tribespeople I was working with. It's the name of one of their deities, a large, pale humanoid forest spirit that is a friend to all the animals. I got the name after I caught a large python in the forest one day and carried it back to the daes camp. Philippines is wonderful. I'm always looking for more work there. I'll be back visiting the Batak group this summer, plan to throw a party for them the forest: food, drink, and music, as a kind of appreciation for the work we did together. Any forum members would be welcome!

Hi Scott,
I was wondering where "salimbag" came from, kinda apt! Looks like you had a good friendship with the Batak tribe.

When are you heading for Palawan? It's summer here already and the mangoes are all ripe and juicy. Would the Bataks be close to Puerto Princesa or in Coron Island, Coron?

I might be in Coron in late June with a musically gifted friend as well, we're hoping to dive the eleven WW II japanese wrecks there and just explore.

Cherrie

salimbag:
Mugandung umaga, kaybigon! I used to live on Palawan, did some work with Haribon. My name "Salimbag" was given to me by some Batak tribespeople I was working with. It's the name of one of their deities, a large, pale humanoid forest spirit that is a friend to all the animals. I got the name after I caught a large python in the forest one day and carried it back to the daes camp. Philippines is wonderful. I'm always looking for more work there. I'll be back visiting the Batak group this summer, plan to throw a party for them the forest: food, drink, and music, as a kind of appreciation for the work we did together. Any forum members would be welcome!

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue

Pretty picture! :eyebrow: Watch out for guys like me around here. Can I come dive with you soon... :wink:

don
:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom