Just went on a buying spree...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kardisa

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My original plan was to space my gear purchases out over the next few months, but I had a bit too much fun "researching" on scubatoys this morning and ended up buying a nearly full set of gear. In two weeks I should have the following beauties delivered to me:

* BP/W package (OxyCheq Mach V 40lb wing, Dive Right SS BP, Dive Right basic harness, tank straps, crotch strap): $416

* Pinnacle Merino-Elastiprene 5mm wetsuit: $300

* Aeris XR-2 dive computer (demo model): $278

Including the HOG reg set I purchased two weeks ago (2 second stages, cold-water first stage), I've spent just over $1350 on my kit :D. I don't think that's bad at all. Are there any things I've overlooked with this purchase? I wasn't 100% sure what wing to go with, but the OxyCheq had good reviews and didn't seem like it was going overboard in terms of lift.

Hopefully you told them you're a SB member & got the 10% off deal they have(for us)...

Hopefully you told them you're a SB member & got the 10% off deal they have(for us)...
:banghead: This is why you don't shop in the AM before drinking copious amounts of coffee.....

I just spent $2000 on a new drysuit and undergarments. After the purchase I was in shock! :confused:

I was reeling from how easy it was to spend that amount of money in just a few clicks. I wasn't even thinking about what I was doing during the purchasing process. Just click, click, click, done. And then afterwards when what I had done sunk in I was going:
"ummmmmmmm, what have I done?!?"

Anyway ... my baby is only arriving in a month or so's time because they needed to order stock from the factory but I hope you get yours soon and enjoy your new toys!

My entire month of January was a scuba gear shopping spree....
I probably spent almost 3K and I'm not done yet. I usually have to buy two of everything so my better-half doesn't complain.

We are cold water Great Lakes divers who want to do more dive trips to tropical locations which requires a plethora of different equipment.

I usually never get buyer's remorse when I buy good quality dive gear that I'm trusting my life to.

:banghead: This is why you don't shop in the AM before drinking copious amounts of coffee.....

Give them a call - I'll bet they will fix your oversight. Let us know what they say.

I just spent $2000 on a new drysuit and undergarments. After the purchase I was in shock! :confused:

I was reeling from how easy it was to spend that amount of money in just a few clicks. I wasn't even thinking about what I was doing during the purchasing process. Just click, click, click, done. And then afterwards when what I had done sunk in I was going:
"ummmmmmmm, what have I done?!?"

Anyway ... my baby is only arriving in a month or so's time because they needed to order stock from the factory but I hope you get yours soon and enjoy your new toys!

Who did you buy from? I assume online since you quoted in $$$. Did you do a fit somewhere to get the correct size? It is very important that the dryduit fits correctly. There is a very good shop down in cape town that sells & custom drysuits.

I scored a new Pinnacle wetsuit and gloves this week, for 50% off. Have thoroughly enjoyed the two that I already had, a 3mm and a 5mm, along with their hooded vest. But now I have the best of the best, the Merino lined Elastiprene suit!
Merino-Elastiprene Wetsuits by Pinnacle - Dive Gear Express

Who did you buy from? I assume online since you quoted in $$$. Did you do a fit somewhere to get the correct size? It is very important that the dryduit fits correctly. There is a very good shop down in cape town that sells & custom drysuits.

I ordered a Fusion from DRIS since they aren't available locally. I'm not worried about fit because the Fusions are so very forgiving in size differences. Which shop is that? The only dedicated drysuit place I know of in Cape Town is Blue Flash and Grant only repairs drysuits and doesn't sell them.

Give them a call - I'll bet they will fix your oversight. Let us know what they say.

That was my 2nd thought------If not, cancell the order & reorder it in a day or so stating the SB 10% thingy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom