Just wanted to say Hi.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome back. :D

Hey Rick, while I have been in Austin (or nearby) since '74, I had to journey other places on various business and vacation trips to find out how spoiled we are in Austin area with so many great Dive shops. I usually split my business between Scubaland N., Tom's, and DiveWorld, but try to drop in all from time to time to spend some quality time and spread the money around, doing what I can to maintain the diversity and opportunity :D (and of course feeding my scuba junkie habit) I keep wanting to try Macks shop myself, and always try to send my south livin' freinds his way, plus think I will try doing my 'scientific diver' cert thru his shop as will be on way to Aquarena anyways. Hope to see ya in the water sometime, or at a Swamper Happy Hour and chat scuba in person.

NadMat,

I should be doing the Aquarena class this fall, I have always wanted to be able to use Scuba to help out in some way, and that seems like a good way. Where did you stay in Coz (pics in your gallery)?

Rick

shleprock30:
NadMat,

I should be doing the Aquarena class this fall, I have always wanted to be able to use Scuba to help out in some way, and that seems like a good way. Where did you stay in Coz (pics in your gallery)?

Rick
Sweet, Pete has the photo gallery back up! Yea.... Pete(&FlCaveDiver too)!!!!!
Stayed at Caribe Blu (formerly known as the Lorenz(sp?) and before that something else, ggunn said but I forget at moment) and dove with Blue Angel. Was a great trip, Dad took me and little bro' because he wanted us all to do a dive trip together before he got too old. I had been slowly declining in my diving frequency due to a lot of reasons, but that trip got me hooked hard once again :D My reasons for the scientific cert are a little more selfish, as I mostly want a clear and reasonably warm dive to do nearby in winter, but always a plus if I also can help in some way:) Kinda like the Trash Cleanup dive next week. A good dive with some great folks, and helping out the lake all at the same time. Who says you have to give up anything to do something good? I always find that I get back way more than I give.
Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom