Just wanted to say Hi.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shleprock30

Reaction score
Looks like I am back after a couple years away (only met a couple of ya in person), glad to see that ScubaBoard is still here and thriving.

Looks like I am still listed in Austin (which is good).

I might make the Travis cleanup if I go it will probably be wherever ScubaLand is cleaning, depends if I get my regs back from service in time. I have an old Dacor 460/PacerXL that I can trade up at Scubatoys with, might have to drive up there on Tue. :))

Have a great weekend.

Rick

Hey Rick, glad to see ya here. Clean up dive is a good excuse to dive (heck, any excuse is a good excuse :)) If you're able, you might even try to meet with some of us at the SSASS happy hour the night before, and/or any of the ones after. The next best thing to diving is talking about it with fellow divers over a cold beverage. That way you get to meet more area divers, which means more people to dive with, which means more chances to go diving. And that is a very good thing.

shleprock30:
Looks like I am back after a couple years away (only met a couple of ya in person), glad to see that ScubaBoard is still here and thriving.

I might make the Travis cleanup if I go it will probably be wherever ScubaLand is cleaning, depends if I get my regs back from service in time. I have an old Dacor 460/PacerXL that I can trade up at Scubatoys with, might have to drive up there on Tue. :))

Have a great weekend.

Rick

Rick...I will save you some time/miles,,,we can trade that DACOR at our shop in Arlington,,,,give Debra a ring on Tuesday and let her know you visited with me on SB.
www.siscuba.com

shleprock30:

Have a great weekend.

Rick

Welcome back Rick.

You can bring the Dacor rig by Oak Hill Scuba. We do the trade ups here as well. Just so you know, the deadline from Mares is September 30.

Mack

Thanks Guys,

Appreciate the info and help. I pretty much have that rig taken care of, just waiting on a couple of other things to pan out before I deal with it. :))

Rick

Welcome back shleprock !!! Dive! Dive!

Now I am confused. Are we talking ScubaToys or Scubaland ?? Kind of makes a difference.

NadMat:
Helpful of you there diveguy, but kinda confused how Arlington is closer to Gtown than Scubaland in Austin:confused:

But maybe you know more about Rick than I do, I only know about him what I have read here on SB...

"I have an old Dacor 460/PacerXL that I can trade up at Scubatoys with, might have to drive up there on Tue. "

texdiveguy:
"I have an old Dacor 460/PacerXL that I can trade up at Scubatoys with, might have to drive up there on Tue. "

I saw that later, after richerso's post, I saw Scubaland and read that first and when he typed scubatoys I 'read' Scubaland again:embarass:. I also considered you might have personal knowledge about him that I lacked and knew he was working in DFW area or something.

I saw austin area swamper and was just thinking 'another possible dive buddy' :)

I think Mack got you beat, although Oak Hill is a bit of a drive from Gtown, I think it is closer than any DFW location, But it is great there are so many helpful shops representing here on SB.

I appreciate all of the help here guys.

I am in Georgetown so DFW is a drive but I think it would be fun to visit ScubaTOys shop. (that's why the smiley in the original post).

Most of my local business has been through ScubaLand (north), I have always gotten a pretty fair deal with them and I use their travel service quite regularly. I have known John for a while now, and think he does a great Job.

I have also been to Oak Hill and think they have great people also. I occasionally also use Dive World, they as well have some pretty good people. I have lived all over the US and have found Austin to have some great shops. When I was living outside of Seattle I found exactly the opposite, crappy customer service and hard to deal with so much so I did not dive the Sound and now regret it.

Like I said before, thanks for the help guys and hope to see ya in the water some time.

Rick

Back
Top Bottom