Just passed my pool portion of the PADI Open Water Dive Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been lurking this board since I signed up a few months ago. I haven't posted anything yet, except for the "Hello, I'm new" thing in the Introduction and Greet forum mainly because I really haven't had anything useful to contribute.

My wife and I are signed up for an OW course starting in two weeks, and are really looking forward to it. I finally decided to post something mainly to say congratulations on finishing part of your course and to wish you good luck. I can't wait to be able to post something similar in the next couple of weeks.

I've been lurking this board since I signed up a few months ago. I haven't posted anything yet, except for the "Hello, I'm new" thing in the Introduction and Greet forum mainly because I really haven't had anything useful to contribute.

My wife and I are signed up for an OW course starting in two weeks, and are really looking forward to it. I finally decided to post something mainly to say congratulations on finishing part of your course and to wish you good luck. I can't wait to be able to post something similar in the next couple of weeks.

Thank you and good luck on your training the pool session is really easy in my opinion. If you just stay calm and don't stress over it then you will do fine.

We've been studying our diver manuals, review all of the learning objectives, etc. and trying to become as knowledgable as possible before the class starts.

Having been a firefighter before, I've worn SCBA and been quite comfortable with it (besides all the heat. :wink: ). I also work in a "space suit" in one of our labs, so breathing in a somewhat confined space isn't a real issue for me.

Ever since I went snorkeling in Tahiti many years ago, I've wanted to learn scuba. I'm just glad that now we have an opportunity to do so.

So this weekend I have my Open Water portion of the Open Water Certification and I'm excited but trying to get some of my small problems figured out before it.

I had trouble equalizing so I am trying to find better methods then the ones that I was taught in class. Also another problem I had was controlling my descent in the pool. I don't know if this was due to being overweight or not as I'm still working on learning proper weighting. Also is there a way to clear your mask 100% that is easily done because right now I'm not able to get my mask 100% clear and not really looking forward to having some nasty quarry water in my mask.

Back
Top Bottom