Just logged 6th solo dive.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dark Wolf:
Well thanks Dave,

I have never been to New England. I guess that it is about time to make a trip!:D Probably won't be this year, but maybe next year?!

Do you do any Lobster hunting? Has been a dream of mine forever!! Thanks for the invite!

Dark Wolf

Next year, any year. I love to dive.

Heading off to bed shortly, but a quick reply first.

Unfortunately, in Massachusetts, it's residents only, as non-residents are not able to get a license to take lobster by scuba (with the exception of non-resident tax-payers of a certain level).

Maine and New Hampster don't allow the taking of lobster by scuba at all.

Rhode Island allows the taking of lobster by scuba, but I don't know if it's restricted to residents only.

Anyway, there's still plenty of flounder to spear in May, June and July.

Plus, there are scallops to be had (by boat).

I suppose it would be fun to accompany a licensed lobster diver and watch the action, though, right?

A nice lobster, NL081206.jpg

With that, I'm off to dream of underwater hunting....

Dave C

Flounder sounds GREAT!! I will keep you posted, and let you know what may come. One thing though....I am a single Dad, and my daughter goes wherever I go. If that is cool, then we will surely have to get together and dive.

Again, thank you so much for the invite. We will check out whatever you would like to show us!!!

Thanks again,

Dark Wolf

Dark Wolf:
Flounder sounds GREAT!! I will keep you posted, and let you know what may come. One thing though....I am a single Dad, and my daughter goes wherever I go. If that is cool, then we will surely have to get together and dive.

Again, thank you so much for the invite. We will check out whatever you would like to show us!!!

Thanks again,

Dark Wolf

My hats off to ya for handling being a single parent!

Still far off plans, but it's certainly possible. Keep in touch, for sure!

Dave C

Dave,

Thanks alot for the offer, since my little girl knows about it now I guess that it is a done deal. "Daddy, we have never been to New England!!".

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks again. And I will be sure to let you know. We appreciate the hospitality.

Dark Wolf

Where's you go diving? I'd Table Rock or thereabouts?
Tom
Mid-East Misery

Congrats on the solo dives! I remember my first times. I also remember my first dives in a 7 mil. Man, I felt like a brand new diver all over again in that thing. Don't worry It doesn't take long to get used to it.

I was really hoping to get some dives in this week, but Tenkiller just turned. Vis was down to about 1 foot I have heard. Supposed to be April before the lake is back to normal vis.

So where *do* you dive at? I'll be up at TableRock for a week in June. If your close by, maybe we can make a dive.

Comrade Stroke

I have been diving Stockton Lake. It is fairly close to home, and I am familiar with it from freediving and spearfishing there.

You guys are welcome any time. I plan on being there Friday.

Dark Wolf

Dark Wolf:
By the way Timeliner,

I have been to Paris, Texas. Maybe next time we can plan a dive? Hope that I am not intruding by asking!?

Dark Wolf

Sure... I make it about 1/2 way to Missouri sometimes when I dive at Lake Tenkiller, OK.

Hi guys, I just joined this group tonight to get in on the solo diving action. I'm almost done with my OW course, and the same as you dark wolf I pretty much know i'll be diving by my lonesome most of the time.

Where abouts in SW Missouri are you? I'm in SE Kansas, the only bodies of water to dive here are strip pitts. Have any of you ever dove Ft Scott lake? Or is stockton / beaver my best bets?

Hey Brandon,

I am living in Nevada, MO. I have never dove the Fort Scott lake, and I have not made it to Beaver yet. I like Stockton because it is close to home, and if I have a few hours I can make a trip. Going to make one today, as a matter of fact!:D

Let me know if you want to go sometime!

Dark Wolf

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom