Just got back from Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The shop is called "Dive with Martin" located at Diamond Plaza right down by the waters edge, don't blink. $200 US for 9 dives, one is a night dive, all your equipment if you need it plus an underwater video. Boats are small and quick and we never had more than 8 divers on the boat, usually 6 when I was there.

getwet2:
Hi,

I dove with "Dive with Martin" and it was run pretty good. The boats were smaller and quite quick to get you to the sites, first ones there every day. They pick you up right at the hotel pier and the gear is on the boat and set up, for those of us who rent. The dive guides were knowledgable about the marine life but I had to give the guide crap on the night dive for grabbing the puffer fish by the tail and making it inflate. The price was good also, $200 US for 8 dives plus 1 night dive, all your equipment and an underwater video of one of the dives. Now the video wasn't bad but it wasn't professionally editted either.
I would definetly recommend Cozumel but not the Fiesta Americana.

I dove with them a few years ago, and was less than impressed overall. Partly for the same reason, the guides were very 'hands on' with the critters, to the point of injury at times.

I spent 10 days in Cozumel in july 03 stayed at the Occidental Grand and did all my diving with Dive Palancar. Both were absolutly wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom