Just got back from Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason McK

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My wife and I recently got back from a great trip to Belize.
We stayed is San Padro on Ambergris Caye.
I was able to get in about 9 dives including the Blue Hole. Which in itself isn't that great a dive but the 2 other dives on lighthouse reef where incredible
I dove the local reef with Ecologic and the Blue hole/ Lighthouse reef with Amigo Del Mar. Both I would highly recommend.
Here are some pics of the dives
Sorry my Strob was damaged so the lighting was bad and my photoshop skills kinda suck
BelizeDiving273of275.jpg

BelizeDiving261of275.jpg

BelizeDiving225of275.jpg

BelizeDiving218of275.jpg

BelizeDiving213of275.jpg

BelizeDiving210of275.jpg

BelizeDiving190of275.jpg

BelizeDiving197of275.jpg

BelizeDiving182of275.jpg

Thanks for the report and especially thanks for the topside photos. I've dived around Belize but never from AC, so I especially appreciate shots of San Pedro.

Could you describe the water conditions and your accommodations? And why did you use two dive ops?

I water in front of San Pedro is lagoon-ish because the reef is about 1/4 mile off shore. There is quite a lot of turtle grass in the water. But we found a great spot to swim and hang out talking to others at the end of our Dock. There was no turtle grass and the water was chest height.
I had researched Dive shops via Trip Advisor and here of course. I then walked the beach and decided on Ecologic after talking to a few.
My Trip to the blue hole I went with Amigo Del Mar, This was because Ecologic was not doing the trip on a day that I was free. Ecologic actually called around on my behalf to find a shop going out to the Blue hole. I know there is a few negative reviews about Amigo Del Mar, but I was very happy with all aspects of the very long day with them.

J

Is this a good location to do shore dives? Which dive shop would you recommend to get a lot of shore dives in? Is May/June good to go down there for diving? Thanks!

Not with all the passing high speed boat traffic it isn't. And the waves and currents can be quite deceptive. If you're staying at Tranquility Bay it's different, as the reef is closer and there's no passing boat traffic, but anywhere around town I wouldn't do it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom