Just Finished Shadow Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've said this on the board before, but, most definitely read the book before the movie comes out. It would take a directoral miracle to bring it off as well as the book. Ridley Scott is slated to direct and I'm concerned that he'll pare things down too much, not blending in the necessary biographical background of Chatterton and Kohler and the deep sense of humanity and ethics these guys exhibited.

But then, I'm probably the only guy on earth who thought that Scott's "Gladiator" was just a fairly souless rehash of '50s and '60s Gladiator movies.

I thought Ron Howard would've been a good choice, ala, "A Beautiful Mind". I hope that Scott proves me wrong as this is one of my favorite books-ever.

To the original poster, I also recommend "The Last Dive" about the Roushes. My second favorite dive book.

Read it twice, I went though it so fast the first time I had to read it again! (read it on a Jersey Shore beach vacation, I sat on the damn beach and read and didn't swim much cause the book was so good!)

I just re-read it again about two-three months ago and picked up stuff I missed, lot's of good stuff!

Fascinating book, I'm about 80% through it right now.

I do have a question. When I read "The Last Dive" they describe Chatterton making the Coast Guard take both Chris and Chrissy to the camber; however in "Shadow Divers" they say that Chatterton told them NOT to take Chris since he was DOA.

Anyone know what actually happened? Or are both books the same and my memory is just gone?

I thought they did take both of them in Shadow Divers.

They did take both of them in Shadow Divers but I thought Chatterton was telling them not to take Chris for fear of wasting time in getting Chrissy to the chamber

Glycerin:
They did take both of them in Shadow Divers but I thought Chatterton was telling them not to take Chris for fear of wasting time in getting Chrissy to the chamber
That's what I remember, also. Don't have the book here to look.

Glycerin:
Fascinating book, I'm about 80% through it right now.

I do have a question. When I read "The Last Dive" they describe Chatterton making the Coast Guard take both Chris and Chrissy to the camber; however in "Shadow Divers" they say that Chatterton told them NOT to take Chris since he was DOA.

Anyone know what actually happened? Or are both books the same and my memory is just gone?
this has been discused alot....
i dont know for sure but im gonna say shadow divers is ther real deal

in the last dive. chatterton presuaded the coast gaurd to take the body of Chris
in Shadow divers. he triedto get them to leave him but they declined..
odds are the USCG is not gonna vary from ther SOP

Diesel298:
this has been discused alot....
i dont know for sure but im gonna say shadow divers is ther real deal

in the last dive. chatterton presuaded the coast gaurd to take the body of Chris
in Shadow divers. he triedto get them to leave him but they declined..
odds are the USCG is not gonna vary from ther SOP

Thank You

I just wanted to make sure I was remembering The Last Dive correctly.
I agree that the USCG wouldn’t vary from their SOP

Back
Top Bottom