Just Conversation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I for one am glad to have your nonsense and conversation back. Maybe people will leave me alone now.

Awwww...It is good to be back!! And why would anyone ever want to leave you alone?:wink:

Thanks Denise and Clay, I just got back from DEMA. What a crazy week of classes, seminars, and a crap load of walking! Got to dive Epcot on my Bday and got a kiss from a Sand Tiger. got to love that! :)

Carolyn:shark2:

Thanks Denise and Clay, I just got back from DEMA. What a crazy week of classes, seminars, and a crap load of walking! Got to dive Epcot on my Bday and got a kiss from a Sand Tiger. got to love that! :)

Carolyn:shark2:

Glad you had a Great Birthday!!:D

So this story was just on the TV News. Apparently in Vegas they have "stripper trucks" with a stripper pole mounted in it going up/down the strip....

it has a "Stripper Pole" mounted in it.... so naturally this reminded me of Denise's dive trailer

Truck Drives Pole Dancers Down Vegas Strip - Las Vegas News Story - KVVU Las Vegas

21548395_400X300.jpg

Dang!! They stole my idea :wink:

You obviously did not listen to the commentary I worked so hard to create...

I had done several test flights with it. Instead of measuring CG with all that silly math stuff, I did the hand toss tests instead.

In some of those tests, there may have been damage. Maybe when I ripped the body of the plane off the wings, to redesign it, there might have been some material loss there as well.

So, in the flight, as I went zooming past myself, the port side wing folded back on itself. This caused the boom that was attached to it, to rip off from the tail, you can see from the shadow of the plane, the tail flutter away, if you were to play it back in slow motion.

The plane all in all, held up well.

Although, in retrospect, it does not fit the needs of my mission.

I made it with the camera facing forward. Important if I wanted the "pilot's view" but I want to get more scenery, less sky. So I need to rebuild it with that in mind. Next design will have the camera looking out from the side. This is important for getting shots, like the spring, where if I circle the spring with the camera side pointing towards the middle, you get a good shot of the target the entire flight.

Pointing forward, you only see what you are trying to film, while you're pointing at it. Stationary objects on the ground tend to fill the frame fast this way. So, with that in mind, I can do away with the pusher design, the twin booms can become a single boom, thus saving that much weight. The prop on the nose is easier to balance. There are several advantages to the "classic" designs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom