Just booked a $279 round-trip to CUN from New England

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mstevens

Toadfish. Splendid is implied but not guaranteed.
Reaction score
I just noticed Southwest Airlines dropped their prices for my dates in September. $131 outbound from Manchester to Cancun connecting in Baltimore. $148 returning. Times are fairly decent: land at CUN before noon, depart CUN at 2 PM. I rebooked for the exact same itinerary as I'd purchased 9 days ago and ended up with a $96 credit per person.

Figuring that for that sort of fare I can just go for the weekend a few times, I looked ahead at other dates. It seems clear those fares are not the norm.

Just thought I'd post this in case someone might be able to take advantage of it.

WOW. We're looking at closer to $600 to get to Cozumel :(

(Just checked the airport nearest us, a 2 hour drive, that flies Southwest- no luck. It would be $550 to Cancun.)

Last edited:
Dang it. You raised my prices. I was at around 350 pp in September from BWI like yesterday. Now best I can find is 409. I wonder how long it would take to drive to the frozen north to get on the plane with you?

---------- Post added June 20th, 2014 at 09:05 AM ----------

AND the 2 pm departure is gone. That you too?

AND the 2 pm departure is gone. That you too?

Yeah, for my dates it's now $409 from BWI. However, both the 1400 and 1700 flights from CUN are available. I've been following the BWI fare because my brother lives near there and have noticed it's always more for the same flight I'd be on, possibly because it's nonstop to BWI.

I saw these great fares a while back. Didn't book because I was trying to convince friends to come with. Finally decided I needed to book at least ours, and from one day to the next it had gone up $70. Last night I was trying to figure out how to add our known traveler numbers and saw the fare had dropped $96.

It might not be a bad idea to check back frequently for changes. Although there's no first class or reserved seats, Southwest has 2 free checked bags which is good for getting electrical parts to the island.

Yea, this will be my first booking for SW. I am not too sure about this all pigs are equal seating, but the two free bags will be nice as I want to bring some new towels and sheets for condo. Which reminds me I need to shop for them too... ugg.

And I am interested to see if my GE gets me a pre-check. I guess Airtran never participated.

And it is good to know I am clearly subsidizing your leg from the frozen North to BWI. You're welcome....

I guess you can't use any of those price alerts with SW?

I am interested to see if my GE gets me a pre-check.

You're supposed to be able to. The site was unnecessarily vague about it in spots, but my take is that you must "opt in" BEFORE booking by entering your KTN in your account. That, of course, means you have to have a FF account with them. I couldn't find any place at all to enter a KTN during the booking process, and they do seem clear that doing it afterward doesn't count.

it is good to know I am clearly subsidizing your leg from the frozen North to BWI.

Thank you! On the other hand, you at least have a non-stop option. I have to drive to (and park in) Boston to have the option of non-stop to Cancun. Cozumel is a no-go.

I guess you can't use any of those price alerts with SW?

They have their own price alerts for which you can sign up depending on how many emails you can endure. I've decided not to for now.

You're supposed to be able to. The site was unnecessarily vague about it in spots, but my take is that you must "opt in" BEFORE booking by entering your KTN in your account. That, of course, means you have to have a FF account with them. I couldn't find any place at all to enter a KTN during the booking process, and they do seem clear that doing it afterward doesn't count.

I think when AFTER I set up my SW FF account, I had to go back in under preferences and add it in there.

I checked SWA from Lubbock to Cancun. I tried various dates after they were supposed to start, then hitting discontinuance dates. Just not in the books, yet anyway.

So I am still looking at twice your price from here. :mad:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom