Trying to re-re-schedule a trip - and it's challenging...!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check the bottom for bus and ferry schedule/websites.

www.tinyurl.com/7m3r6

ADO bus is not a time limiter nor is the ferry with Barcos Caribe filling in the schedule gaps.
Thanks! :thumb: I'd looked at most of those already and had seen how frequent the buses were as well as the two ferries, but didn't know about the new one. The 69 Peso fare surprised me but that's for locals, right - and the Inapam is for locals with senior cards I guess. Still, the three ferries do have different rates now huh? Ultramar is 163, Waterjets 146, and Barcos 135 it seems. I always thought they charged the same rate. 28 peso difference is only a couple of bucks, but interesting

The Colonial is decent the only problem I had there was when the bar was next door and played loud music 11:00 to 3:00 AM. Sounded like they were in my room. Hope you have a great trip.
Ugh, that sucks. I'll try to get a room away from that...!!

Not sure if it would be cheaper than CVchief's van guy but how about Easyway rent a car, they have locations at both ends? They are at the entrance to CUN airport and in Playa about a block and a half from the ADO station. Not sure if they charge extra to one way drop in Playa but last year they had free drop charges from Playa to the airport. Personally if the cost was anywhere close I would go with the van with the driver watching my stuff as opposed locking it in the trunk while having my face ‘jack-hammered’.
Again, I am not having work done to me. Just ordering some custom made plates. I had to have one of my old ones adjusted today, 10 minutes in the chair - $70. I was tempted to wait, but that would get old fast.

I mentioned the car rental idea above. I've used Easyway a few times before, but the time hassle in picking up the car is not appealing, I get lost easily with Spanish street signs, and dragging my 150# in luggage 5 blocks from their PDC office on 10 Ave & 4th street is not appealing. No tricycle porters around the office. The cost with full insurance would be $45, so I'd go with Chief's van guy before I'd mess with all that and buying gas before turning in. The buses look doable enough tho.

Gonna miss you by a day!

I bet you will be glad like me when SWA starts flying full time to the carib!!! They cant get their new Houston terminal done fast enough for me!

I have stayed at all three of Casa Mexicana’s properties and they really take pretty good care of me. At the Colonial ask the front desk, or if you are booking through 3P ask Jeanie, to request a room on the first floor (gringo’s call it the second floor), it’s the quiet area.

Let's see, what's left to book? Trip insurance (DAN is always up to date), Cancun hotel, diving
Ok, I guess I got everything booked & planned ok...

(1) Emailed Tres Pelicans to reserve diving.

(2) Bought trip insurance. Surely I won't need it a third time in a row, but if I didn't buy it - I'd be more likely to need it. I remember before Hurricane Dean discussing the need for such with other in the group, especially for no cancellation refunds trip, but many didn't - and boy did they pay a lot of escape Cozumel when we all decided to evacuate. I reminded them how they saved money not buying insurance. :D

(3) Booked my Cancun hotel. Cute little boutique place close to the mall with 4 rooms.

(4) Patti at Analox said she'd be mailing my CO tester today. She thought she was going to have to replace the sensor, which had been on back order, but it calibrated ok after all.

(5) Sent an order to Outdoor Equipment Rental to rent a PLB canister for the week.

I guess I should test all of my dive gear now...

... boy did they pay a lot of escape Cozumel when we all decided to evacuate. I reminded them how they saved money not buying insurance. :D

Maybe they did. I have been to Cozumel more than 30 times. If I had bought trip insurance every time and only used it once, I bet I would have paid more.

DD........all this(after reading ONLY your OP) is a problem(I think I understood ya..?)..anyway, 1 solution---------switch to the hobby of tiddly-winks & you can go to a nice tourney---possibly much closer to home, & possibly with NO trip insurance needed??.....

And-----Sometimes------------wild & crazy people show up @ them.............:)

russell500.jpg

EDIT-----EDIT---solution #2 ??????.......even has some coming in thru Can-coon
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sc...mel/506136-2015-invader-flight-crew-list.html

DD,

Maybe you can get a job here on Kwajalien. Then if you want to go diving after work you just load up your gear in your bike trailer and ride 2-5 minutes to the beach.

Maybe they did. I have been to Cozumel more than 30 times. If I had bought trip insurance every time and only used it once, I bet I would have paid more.
Yeah, it's cheaper overall to self insure, not buy - for your house and cars as well. Sometimes you're glad you had it, or wish you did.

I'd buy trip insurance during hurricane season, but I don't most of the time for Cozumel trips. The cost of the trip isn't high enough. But when I went to Galapagos- trip insurance for sure.

(Now dive insurance- you'd be a fool not to have it. But for most people the expected value of the pay-out is less than the cost of carrying it. Insurance wouldn't be offered if that wasn't true.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom