Just booked 1st trip to Coz --- need advice on the "bag drag" from/to Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did the "I'll fly through Cancun to save a few bucks" deal once and will likely never do it again. Yea, I did save a few hundred dollars on the airfare but it really wasn't worth the hassle. The Cancun airport is WAY busier and it took me much, much longer than I anticipated to get through. Then I had to get to the ferry and ride over. Then reverse the whole thing on the way back.

The airport in Coz is small, easy and fast. I usually arrive around noon and I'm diving by 3:00 the same day. I just can't do that dealing with Cancun.

-Charles

Charles,

The other significant factor for me is travelling to/from Mexico from Canada entirely without having to set foot in the USA. No offence, but not dealing with multiple airports, multiple security screenings and multiple TSA agents is worth the additional cost in terms of my time and minimal (as I understand it) headache.

I might look into the puddle-jumper flight though....

C.

90 minutes for a connection is a breeze if you have Global Entry.

Yea. It means you're the FIRST person standing at the baggage carousel waiting. Everyone else that doesn't just catches up with you here and you're all waiting in line at the same time for the completely pointless "customs check."

Global Entry is a good idea but it solves the wrong problem.

-Charles

Yea. It means you're the FIRST person standing at the baggage carousel waiting. Everyone else that doesn't just catches up with you here and you're all waiting in line at the same time for the completely pointless "customs check."

Global Entry is a good idea but it solves the wrong problem.

-Charles
It just depends on how lucky you are in beating other planes that arrive around the same time to the line. Last time I went thru DFW, Immigration took me an hour and I hated it - with that Global Entry line empty and looking so inviting.

This fellow may not agree with you either...

I did the "I'll fly through Cancun to save a few bucks" deal once and will likely never do it again. Yea, I did save a few hundred dollars on the airfare but it really wasn't worth the hassle. The Cancun airport is WAY busier and it took me much, much longer than I anticipated to get through.
Oh wait, that was you. :laughing:

I would go on the site and chat with them. If you get a discounted seat, maybe worst comes to worse, you could buy a second seat?

I just negociated $42 each way on MayAir through the chat function & booked it!
Regular price is $58...

I just negociated $42 each way on MayAir through the chat function & booked it!
Regular price is $58...

That $42 fare seems to be only available if you bought your ticket in the last 7 days and you are traveling this calendar year.
Best I could get by talking with their "chat person" was $107 round trip or $53.50 each way, for travel in June/July 2013.

C.

That $42 fare seems to be only available if you bought your ticket in the last 7 days and you are traveling this calendar year.
Best I could get by talking with their "chat person" was $107 round trip or $53.50 each way, for travel in June/July 2013.

C.
You can wait until shortly before your trip and try that again. If they are hungry for business, they might cut you a deal. If not, $23 more RT won't hurt really, or - just enjoy the bus & ferry connection. Well, they're both boring to me, I fall asleep on both, but lots of ways to make it happen.

First time I chatted with them was late last night & they told me $45.83...
This morning I chatted again before booking & was able to get $42

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom